Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which shop do you get most of your Xmas presents in?

Options
  • 22-08-2017 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

On average, which shop (or website) do you tend to get most of your Xmas presents from?

For me, I would say Easons, closely followed by Homestore & more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Amazon definitely. Especially for things not available here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Anything online will be from Amazon.

-Debenhams/Arnotts/BT for cosmetics and beauty stuff (Depends on which one is doing offers, bonus time, free gifts etc)
    -Yankee for candles and candle sets
    -Easons for books
    -Boots for bits and bobs and stocking fillers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got a good bit in Debenhams last year.
    Easons for book gifts. Generally have 3 for 2 and a further 10% and free delivery.
    Then I often get gift from little gift shops.
    I actually picked up a few things in Tesco last year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Meadows and Byrne's , Next for children's clothes, Newbridge Silver factory shop- great for frames, decoration , Tk Maxx can have nice Christmas plates, mugs etc. I pick up bits when I'm on holidays in Dingle too. I love these wooden toys, he does non- Christmas stuff too
    http://www.ventrytoy.com/Xmastimemenu.html

Bought some bits from this lady again this year -I love sea glass!
    http://www.abidillon.com/

And the tiny bowls from here
    http://www.sineadloughceramics.com/gallery.htm

Nicholas Mosse does a customer evening with some discounts , worth your while going on the mailing list if you are in the area. I only buy Christmas seconds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Amazon,Heatons,Tesco and Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

- Boots
    - Amazon
    - Candlewarehouse.ie for Yankee Candle gifts.

Shops
    - Argos
    - Tesco
    - Boots (again)

Boots is definitely a lifesaver for me at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Amazon, Etsy and sometimes TK Maxx. I prefer buying my presents online and then being able to enjoy wandering the shops without the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Amazon. Serious savings to be made. I always end up in Penneys for little bits too.

I always say that I want to buy more unique gifts locally but I'm terrible at coming up with ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Online. Not a fan of shops, especially so around crazy season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I generally give vouchers so an post one4all are my preferred option. I genuinely hate getting and giving lots of crap I much prefer the choice that vouchers give. Aside from that Smyths usually get Santa's business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Amazon
    Boots
    eBay

Actual shops

Boots (My local Boots has a sale/clearance section all year round, its great for picking up bits and pieces)
    Dunnes
    Penneys
    TK Maxx

Sometimes some local shops/pharmacies have bits and pieces too that I pick up but mostly I stick to the above places :)

Advertisement