Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Which shop do you get most of your Xmas presents in?

• 22-08-2017 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 Nettle Soup

On average, which shop (or website) do you tend to get most of your Xmas presents from?

For me, I would say Easons, closely followed by Homestore & more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭ fussyonion

Amazon definitely. Especially for things not available here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

Anything online will be from Amazon.

-Debenhams/Arnotts/BT for cosmetics and beauty stuff (Depends on which one is doing offers, bonus time, free gifts etc)
    -Yankee for candles and candle sets
    -Easons for books
    -Boots for bits and bobs and stocking fillers

• Registered Users Posts: 26,182 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

I got a good bit in Debenhams last year.
    Easons for book gifts. Generally have 3 for 2 and a further 10% and free delivery.
    Then I often get gift from little gift shops.
    I actually picked up a few things in Tesco last year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭ byhookorbycrook

Meadows and Byrne's , Next for children's clothes, Newbridge Silver factory shop- great for frames, decoration , Tk Maxx can have nice Christmas plates, mugs etc. I pick up bits when I'm on holidays in Dingle too. I love these wooden toys, he does non- Christmas stuff too
    http://www.ventrytoy.com/Xmastimemenu.html

Bought some bits from this lady again this year -I love sea glass!
    http://www.abidillon.com/

And the tiny bowls from here
    http://www.sineadloughceramics.com/gallery.htm

Nicholas Mosse does a customer evening with some discounts , worth your while going on the mailing list if you are in the area. I only buy Christmas seconds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

Amazon,Heatons,Tesco and Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ Westeros

- Boots
    - Amazon
    - Candlewarehouse.ie for Yankee Candle gifts.

Shops
    - Argos
    - Tesco
    - Boots (again)

Boots is definitely a lifesaver for me at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭ baby and crumble

Amazon, Etsy and sometimes TK Maxx. I prefer buying my presents online and then being able to enjoy wandering the shops without the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

Amazon. Serious savings to be made. I always end up in Penneys for little bits too.

I always say that I want to buy more unique gifts locally but I'm terrible at coming up with ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭ theteal

Online. Not a fan of shops, especially so around crazy season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭ screamer

I generally give vouchers so an post one4all are my preferred option. I genuinely hate getting and giving lots of crap I much prefer the choice that vouchers give. Aside from that Smyths usually get Santa's business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 StripedBoxers

Amazon
    Boots
    eBay

Actual shops

Boots (My local Boots has a sale/clearance section all year round, its great for picking up bits and pieces)
    Dunnes
    Penneys
    TK Maxx

Sometimes some local shops/pharmacies have bits and pieces too that I pick up but mostly I stick to the above places :)

Advertisement