Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU: Communications Points 2017

Options
  • 21-08-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Communications in DCU is my first choice on CAO. The points dropped this year but I'm 9 points out. Can anyone tell me if it's still possible to receive an offer from DCU on the second round of offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alexandrrax7

Yes it is possible. Points drop in round 2 a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Yes it is possible. Points drop in round 2 a lot.

I was checking a course in DCU for 2nd round offers as well, and according to the list from the Irish Times , there were NO lower round 2 offers from DCU last year

See attached :

https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2775471.1472706231!/menu/standard/file/cao2merged.pdf

This seems quite strange ..
    Does anyone know if this was actually correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that it's because not many people don't accept their Level 8 offer. I've noticed that lots of Level 6/7 courses drop in points from round 1 to round 2. I imagine this is because people get a Level 8 and Level 6/7 offer but most will choose the Level 8 course.

Advertisement