Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Fungus in room

  • 20-08-2017 9:03pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭ cloudatlas


    I've noticed that there is black and green mould on the wall of a cupbord of my room, and also remnants of some damp in the corner. There was a beer can in the room that I left on a shelf which has started to grow mould.

    I also have developed a bit of a cough.

    These things may be all unrelated and I am paranoid and just slightly run down at the moment.

    Flatmate said they suffered no adverse effects whilst living in that room previously.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭ macraignil


    Mold does grow in damp environments so these things could be connected. Mold does release spores into the air and these could cause irritation to the airways so may be connected to your cough and feeling slightly run down. I think you should ignore the fact your flatmate had no adverse effects from living in the room and do something to remedy the damp and mold and if this does not clear up your cough go see a doctor.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 84,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Capt'n Midnight


    MOD - No Medical Advice !

    possibly check on Plumbing & Heating for advice on removing damp


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭ macraignil


    MOD - No Medical Advice !

    possibly check on Plumbing & Heating for advice on removing damp


    Sorry about posting in this thread. I did not think saying go see a doctor would be breaking the rules.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,683 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112


    Get mould and mildew spray.

    Or white vinegar and lemon.

    Clean areas affected.

    Get a dehumidifier which will help to take away moisture.

    Make sure room is ventilated but also adequately heated.

    As its a rental most likely bare minimum insulation and poor maintenance in my view and observation from many rentals.


  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ delboythedub


    Spray diluted bleach on to the area. Job done


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 84,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Capt'n Midnight


    macraignil wrote: »
    Sorry about posting in this thread. I did not think saying go see a doctor would be breaking the rules.
    Go see a doctor is fine, anything else isn't because Boards is not a medical forum.


Advertisement