Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fungus in room

Options
  • 20-08-2017 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that there is black and green mould on the wall of a cupbord of my room, and also remnants of some damp in the corner. There was a beer can in the room that I left on a shelf which has started to grow mould.

I also have developed a bit of a cough.

These things may be all unrelated and I am paranoid and just slightly run down at the moment.

Flatmate said they suffered no adverse effects whilst living in that room previously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Mold does grow in damp environments so these things could be connected. Mold does release spores into the air and these could cause irritation to the airways so may be connected to your cough and feeling slightly run down. I think you should ignore the fact your flatmate had no adverse effects from living in the room and do something to remedy the damp and mold and if this does not clear up your cough go see a doctor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MOD - No Medical Advice !

possibly check on Plumbing & Heating for advice on removing damp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

MOD - No Medical Advice !

possibly check on Plumbing & Heating for advice on removing damp

Sorry about posting in this thread. I did not think saying go see a doctor would be breaking the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get mould and mildew spray.

Or white vinegar and lemon.

Clean areas affected.

Get a dehumidifier which will help to take away moisture.

Make sure room is ventilated but also adequately heated.

As its a rental most likely bare minimum insulation and poor maintenance in my view and observation from many rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭delboythedub

Spray diluted bleach on to the area. Job done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

macraignil wrote: »
    Sorry about posting in this thread. I did not think saying go see a doctor would be breaking the rules.
    Go see a doctor is fine, anything else isn't because Boards is not a medical forum.

Advertisement