Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2018

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LoLo86ACA

JPK87 wrote: »
    Quick question for ye lot, i failed my Advanced Audit for the 2nd time but passed the core(thankfully). Would any of ye have any tips as to how i get over this hurdle? i just can't seem to get it right with this elective exam?

Should I have done the APM(now advisory) instead, is there something inherently harder about this audit exam?

Would ye recommend that i change to APM?

Any help at all will be fantastic, thanks.

I don’t think APM is any easier I was unsuccessful three time - In all honesty it most likely a mental block and as I said in my last post James Perry the exam coach did wonders for me.....honestly you should look him up and do some research....you won’t be disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JPK87

LoLo86ACA wrote: »
    I don’t think APM is any easier I was unsuccessful three time - In all honesty it most likely a mental block and as I said in my last post James Perry the exam coach did wonders for me.....honestly you should look him up and do some research....you won’t be disappoint

OK, that's a relief, it'll just mean less new material to cover. it's just I was advised by a number of colleagues to do APM, and in retrospect I wonde would it have made any difference.

I agree on the mental block. It was definitely a factor in the repeat for me.

On the exam coach I'll be adding that to my list of to-do's for the exam this year.

Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maddy1026

Quick question for ye lot, i failed my Advanced Audit for the 2nd time but passed the core(thankfully). Would any of ye have any tips as to how i get over this hurdle? i just can't seem to get it right with this elective exam?

Should I have done the APM(now advisory) instead, is there something inherently harder about this audit exam?

Would ye recommend that i change to APM?

Any help at all will be fantastic, thanks.

I was in your same position last year having failed the audit elective twice. I switched to tax as I find that audit is too subjective. At least with tax and even APM , you know if you got the right answer as there are calculations involved.

On the other hand , I do have a mate who passed the audit on his third attempt. If you think you like numbers more , it might be worthwhile to consider a switch.

maddy1026 wrote: »
    I was in your same position last year having failed the audit elective twice. I switched to tax as I find that audit is too subjective. At least with tax and even APM , you know if you got the right answer as there are calculations involved.

On the other hand , I do have a mate who passed the audit on his third attempt. If you think you like numbers more , it might be worthwhile to consider a switch.

I agree, I've always found the more subjective a topic got in any exam the more trouble I got into. I'm currently in the process of reviewing the APM and tax paper. Was the tax paper tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maddy1026

maddy1026 wrote: »

I agree, I've always found the more subjective a topic got in any exam the more trouble I got into. I'm currently in the process of reviewing the APM and tax paper. Was the tax paper tough?
    Wasn't too bad . Felt a lot easier to prepare for than the audit and I was a lot more confident in the exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 peanutgirl

Hi Everyone
    I was wondering if the institute would allow me to sit again after my fourth attempt. Anyone in the same boat as me?
    Also I want to change my elective from APM to Tax. Any advise regarding this?

Cheers!!

peanutgirl wrote: »
    Hi Everyone
    I was wondering if the institute would allow me to sit again after my fourth attempt. Anyone in the same boat as me?
    Also I want to change my elective from APM to Tax. Any advise regarding this?

Cheers!!

I've heard conflicting information myself, but heres number direct to those who deal with it. 01-5233926. They'll be able to give you a straight answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DP79511

Hi
    Can anyone offer advice guidance on the Ca diary. Ive recently passed my fae on the elevation programme . Iam not working in a firm and at the moment getting little exposure to the competencies that iam suppose to hit in the diary... i am way behind in the diary also and have until september to complete. Just wondering if anyone out there has any insights into the diary from experience or from there work etc

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

Sorry for the off topic but there's no CAP 2 thread to ask this:

For the Audit interim assessments they've given us a shortlist of topics

""The shortlist of Financial Statements areas for the CAP2 Audit and Assurance Interim Assessment taking place on Saturday 6 April are as follows:
    1. Inventories
    2. Property, plant and equipment
    3. Trade and other payables
    4. Revenue""

Does this mean that there's no chance that Ethics can come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Sorry for the off topic but there's no CAP 2 thread to ask this:

For the Audit interim assessments they've given us a shortlist of topics

""The shortlist of Financial Statements areas for the CAP2 Audit and Assurance Interim Assessment taking place on Saturday 6 April are as follows:
    1. Inventories
    2. Property, plant and equipment
    3. Trade and other payables
    4. Revenue""

Does this mean that there's no chance that Ethics can come up?

Personally I wouldn't ever leave out ethics or controls from my study. Be very surprised if they prevented ethics from being asked. I always took it that those were the areas where you could be asked about substantive testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

I agree with Fishy. Have your file done up with those 4 areas but also expect ethics.Ethics nearly always comes up in every exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TWsometimes

Hi i am repeat doing the audit elective, has anyone got this years notes.

Advertisement