Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Cork is called the Rebel County

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭mezzz

i love cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

mezzz wrote: »
    i love cork

I prefer the screw-on ones. Less chance of spoiling due to shrinkage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Because of Roy.
    Pure rebel, boy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭mezzz

i havent been in cork in 8-10 years, but the last night i was down there was wonderous trip into another land, a dimension not only of sight and sound , but of mind, a wonderous trip nto that which is beyond the reach of your imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

jimgoose wrote: »
    So we should really be waving the Tudor coat-of-arms at GAA matches? :D
    More offensive than Confederate flags!! Lol

Yeah, but the Tudor coat-of-arms doesn't sell great southern fried chicken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Erra, get down to Hillbillies after a feed of Beamish and piss in the fountain. That'll sort the lot of ye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,347 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cos they're dumb little losers. Sad babies the lot of em. Never met anyone normal from Cork. Pity we can't just slice off the county and dump it somewhere in the artic.
    ???

Artic-Lorry.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Gravelly wrote: »
    I have it on good authority from a work colleague that anyone who lives outside the M50 is a culchie. I pointed out to him that this would include New Yorkers, Londoners, Parisians, Berliners etc. but he is adamant that this is the case.

All this time I never knew! I'm devastated to learn I'm a Neilstown culchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭snotboogie

i havent been in cork in 8-10 years, but the last night i was down there was wonderous trip into another land, a dimension not only of sight and sound , but of mind, a wonderous trip nto that which is beyond the reach of your imagination

That might be the clumsiest attempt at verbosity I've ever seen. Leave the meandering stories to those with the cognizance to express them clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

As to the Capital of Ireland, Limerick was, Dublin is, and Cork will be.

That's what I was always told.

I was also told by a tearful ould fella that any day spent outside Cork was a day wasted.

They are a proud people and a self sufficient people. Another 10 years of Fianna Fail, and these boys will grasp their opportunities. They won't be the capital, but they can lead the charge on a counterbalance to Dublin. Right now they need to big time sort out the CoCo and expand the city boundaries, it's constraining them.

Ireland needs a strong Dublin, and Dublin needs a strong region (Cork Limerick Galway).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

Just heard the Cork Rose has been disqualified from this year's Rose Of Tralee. It seems her father filled out the contest application for her incorrectly. In the area under "Do not write in this space", he wrote "No bother biy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Spider Web wrote: »
    Just heard the Cork Rose has been disqualified from this year's Rose Of Tralee. It seems her father filled out the contest application for her incorrectly. In the area under "Do not write in this space", he wrote "No bother biy".

You just stole that joke form the Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Simpson did it, Simpson did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

https://goo.gl/images/pLakO2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Rule Britannia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

As a proud cork man, I laugh at these threads.

We don't have an inferiority complex, the rest of the country just can't handle a county that is proud of its own unique culture and history. It's everyone else that has the inferiority complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Was watching a documentary yesterday on people who work on the ports. At one point in the documentary they were in Cork and following the port's "person who drives the ship out of the harbour if required" (official title)

He was generally talking through bits and pieces about ships. One point, "... she's currently maybe just a metre and a half from the sea bed. We call ships a she because, like women, you never know what the hell they're going to do."

The mother is writing a complaint to rte as we speak.

ToddyDoody wrote: »

The mother is writing a complaint to rte as we speak.

So that's who actually writes in and complains. She do the same about haunted bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

So that's who actually writes in and complains. She do the same about haunted bread?

Yes actually.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Yes actually.

She needs to write in about Ray D'Arcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,347 ✭✭✭✭Victor

myshirt wrote: »
    As to the Capital of Ireland, Limerick was,
    When was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Victor wrote: »
    When was this?

Last Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Ah, magic mushroom season, was it?

Advertisement