Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Championship 2017

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Pure shìte from NZ got the loss it deserved. It’s hard to keep standards high all season and Aussie has more to play for.

Will be a welcome change to play some NH teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Who's playing NZ this year? Scotland wales and France?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    That last penalty was BS. He doesn't have to get out his way. The Aussie ran into him. If Ofa had put his hands in the air, no penalty.

However, that didn't decide the game. Wallabies played well, made their tackles and took their chances. Good win for them and as others have said, Aussie rugby needed it.

Small margins. Just before that when Genia was taken out at the ruck (legally) and Foley knocked on one of the NZ flankers came through and tried to boot the ball out of the ruck which is now of course illegal. That's how it goes. Aus were in the lead when the penalty went over and I don't think NZ had a penalty in kickable range after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    That last penalty was BS. He doesn't have to get out his way. The Aussie ran into him. If Ofa had put his hands in the air, no penalty.

However, that didn't decide the game. Wallabies played well, made their tackles and took their chances. Good win for them and as others have said, Aussie rugby needed it.

He didn't though, he ducked his shoulder into him. He doesn't have to get out of the way, but he's not entitled to make contact with him either.

You could say it was a harsh penalty - but the bigger question is why he got involved at all. Absolutely stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Small margins. Just before that when Genia was taken out at the ruck (legally) and Foley knocked on one of the NZ flankers came through and tried to boot the ball out of the ruck which is now of course illegal. That's how it goes. Aus were in the lead when the penalty went over and I don't think NZ had a penalty in kickable range after that.

I saw that too. Lucky it wasn't picked up.

I have gotten used to the ABs being shafted by refs late in the match. I guess they just need to make sure the game isn't close at that stage.

Australia deserved the win today. They were the better side. For some of those lads it might be their first win over a kiwi side for club or country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Wait until you see asafo aumua

scored twice again today.

Called up to allblacks squad without having playing a minute of super rugby .

Hopefully given minutes to skull**** some northerners

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hopefully given minutes to skull**** some northerners

B0lBva3IMAAdrLv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

McMahon is a very underrated player. Would love to see himself, Hooper & Pocock as a combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

McMahon is a very underrated player. Would love to see himself, Hooper & Pocock as a combination.

Dempsey was also class against the ABs last weekend.

Advertisement