Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So a shack on a mountain top...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I didn't realize the walkway mentioned was so intrusive itself ! hope it has at least been dark varnished since pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I didn't realize the walkway mentioned was so intrusive itself ! hope it has at least been dark varnished since pic.

It will get grey and less obtrusive. Still I think monstrosities like that one are needed only when paths are very dangerous. It would be probably enough to put up a few large stones/rocks around with markings to indicate where the path is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Cuilcagh walkway is an eyesore that might be visible from outer space. Hard to think of a less sympathetic structure on our higher landscapes...

eb52e32bb95b02caf0f3bfc6064726aa.jpg--editorial_image.jpg

Utter waste of good trees.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,285 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lets not forget this one in achill either....

Your one was mentioned already, and not what I had in mind either, you can't monetise it :p I meant this sort of thing

800px-Croagh-patrick-chapel.jpg

meeeeh wrote: »
    It will get grey and less obtrusive. Still I think monstrosities like that one are needed only when paths are very dangerous. It would be probably enough to put up a few large stones/rocks around with markings to indicate where the path is.

What do people want, a safety-staircase up to the summit of Everest???

If the path is dangerous, leave it to people who know what they're doing. Don't put handrails up a fecking mountain.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement