Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish water not Irish Water

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Lol your comprehension isn't the best is it? Ballygowan was branded as spring water BEFORE Britvic bought it...

You need to look at the bottles again.

download.png

Again, an old pic.. there's no point in arguing, I had a look at a bottle a few weeks ago. Anyway here's a supplier who currently sells the tap water.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Ballygowan-Still-Water/282412011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

my initial thread was to consider that we did not necessarily need bottled water - not to advertise it...

I drink bottled mineral water because I don't want to drink tap water.

I do business with a company that sells water treatment chemicals to state bodies.
    The owner of that company doesn't drink tap water because he knows what goes into it.

I also don't want to drink water with added fluoride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

tedpan wrote: »
    Again, an old pic.. there's no point in arguing, I had a look at a bottle a few weeks ago. Anyway here's a supplier who currently sells the tap water.

You trust some random retail website over the parent company's website?!!

Lol, you are 100% wrong.

I just went into the shop next to me and every Ballygowan bottle is branded Natural Mineral Water.

Britvic launched Ballygowan Natural Mineral Water in the UK in 2014

http://www.shelflife.ie/britvic-announces-gb-launch-of-ballygowan-natural-mineral-water/

From the book "Springs and Bottled Waters of the World: Ancient History, Source, Occurrence, Quality and Use"
    "Ballygowan was recognised as a Natural Mineral Water by the EC in 1988 under Directive 80/777/EC."

https://books.google.ie/books?id=sjEoBmfUka0C&pg=PA284&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

You are wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

mickdw wrote: »
    It is lunacy to buy bottled water.
    People happily pay 2 quid for a small bottle yet were out protesting when asked to pay a tiny fee for household water. I'd wager that many of the water protestor spend more needlessly on bottled water yearly than would pay the It's water bill.
    I'd wager that water protesters are mainly dole drawers, and due to likely being uneducated, are not concerned about any effects from chlorine, fluorine, or lead.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    and don't trust the County Council's water treatment facility.
    Well now that Irish water doesn't have a revenue stream, that's all the more reason not to trust it.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    i did study all aspects of water and wastewater treatment
    Of the two, it will be wastewater that'll be the first to be sacrificed... now that Irish water doesn't have a steady revenue stream.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    What's not to trust? If there was something wrong we'd have a pretty large scale epidemic pretty quickly.
    Well in the 1950s I could have said "Is there something wrong with smoking? If there was, we'd have a large scale epidemic pretty quickly"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Of the two, it will be wastewater that'll be the first to be sacrificed... now that Irish water doesn't have a steady revenue stream.

I don't think IW is short of a revenue stream, it has commercial water charges and rumoured that property tax has been diverted to fund it, and that would not surprise me in the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 michael345

I can recommend installing a water filter/filters - have one for like 5 years now - and water tastes almost like spring water - people who use to bring their own spring water in bottles from their homes have stopped doing it - thanks to that filter, which also gets rid of fluoride(might test it one day to see if it really does it completely) and it costs around 130e, and filters are changed every 6monts or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Well in the 1950s I could have said "Is there something wrong with smoking? If there was, we'd have a large scale epidemic pretty quickly"

Are you kidding me? We did have a large scale epidemic pretty quickly. That's exactly how we found out it's awful.
    I can recommend installing a water filter/filters - have one for like 5 years now - and water tastes almost like spring water - people who use to bring their own spring water in bottles from their homes have stopped doing it - thanks to that filter, which also gets rid of fluoride(might test it one day to see if it really does it completely) and it costs around 130e, and filters are changed every 6monts or so.

Does it also remove hardness by any chance?

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »

I'm just looking at my ballygowan bottle right now, and it appears identical to that in the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 michael345

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? We did have a large scale epidemic pretty quickly. That's exactly how we found out it's awful.

Does it also remove hardness by any chance?

well it feels way softer and I often wash my face with it - I'm considering to get another set and install it for the tank that provides water to showers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭oceanman

I'd wager that water protesters are mainly dole drawers, and due to likely being uneducated, are not concerned about any effects from chlorine, fluorine, or lead.

you mean unlike the highly educated people that set up irish water and thought it would succeed!....

Advertisement