Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Anybody receive theirs yet from gearbest that ordered in November,December ?.Mine seems to be going back and forth between Hong Kong and the Czech Republic according to the tracking probably due to customs

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Since Nov 12th

I also payed my drone on the 12 of november and the drone is not yet in Ireland, how did you solved with paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B073FKY3FN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515168159&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=drocon+x708w&dpPl=1&dpID=519rpP2%2BmjL&ref=plSrch

Grand little starter fpv drone for under €50 delivered. Seems to be a clone of the mjx x708w, getting decent reviews.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=H502&authToken=

I also picked up that non fpv Hubsan for under €50 from argos. It's got good range and GPS so should return home if needed. Motors seem to he a weak spot but very cheap to fix and upgrades possible too.
    I've crashed it a fair few times and it's still flying along nicely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

corsav6 wrote:
    Grand little starter fpv drone for under €50 delivered. Seems to be a clone of the mjx x708w, getting decent reviews.

corsav6 wrote:
    I also picked up that non fpv Hubsan for under €50 from argos. It's got good range and GPS so should return home if needed. Motors seem to he a weak spot but very cheap to fix and upgrades possible too. I've crashed it a fair few times and it's still flying along nicely.

This is a bargain thread for the mi Drone 4k, not sure you posted in the right place?

tedpan wrote: »
    This is a bargain thread for the mi Drone 4k, not sure you posted in the right place?

Didn't warrant a separate thread and I thought it may interest visitors here.
    Also this seems to have turned into a discussion thread lately so I didn't think I was going to derail it too much.
    Mods feel free to remove if not suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

11James11 wrote: »
    Anybody receive theirs yet from gearbest that ordered in November,December ?.Mine seems to be going back and forth between Hong Kong and the Czech Republic according to the tracking probably due to customs

I ordered the same day as you (28/11) latest I have is it arrived in prague on the 22/12

corsav6 wrote:
    Didn't warrant a separate thread and I thought it may interest visitors here. Also this seems to have turned into a discussion thread lately so I didn't think I was going to derail it too much. Mods feel free to remove if not suitable.

Ah ok, no worries. I haven't noticed anything apart from items related to the Mi. Cheers for sharing.

keltoms05 wrote: »
    I ordered the same day as you (28/11) latest I have is it arrived in prague on the 22/12

I ordered the day before you and have the same tracking message, but that 22/12 update wasn't made on the system until Thu 4/1/18. I know cos it wasn't there when I checked on 3/1 Their description of the priority shipping method says 10-20 business days which is out the window by now. The delays in the shipping schedule just don't make sense to me, and it beggars belief that an event on 22/12 takes until 4/1 to make it into the online tracking system. A horse and cart would make better time. :confused:

2017-12-22 19:24:36 Parcel arrival at Prague , Czech

2017-12-16 15:23:41 Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport

2017-12-05 15:23:05 Parcel in HongKong Sorting Centre, Waiting for flights

2017-12-04 15:22:52 Parcel departure in Shenzhen Sorting Centre

tedpan wrote: »
    Ah ok, no worries. I haven't noticed anything apart from items related to the Mi. Cheers for sharing.

Well the plan is to practice on the 2 cheap one's I got and then buy the Xiaomi. I've seen enough footage and reviews and I own a Xiaomi phone so I know reliability is not a big concern.
    I'll probably wait until April to order and have it in time for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

I ordered min on Nov-12th and mine says (last update showed a couple of days ago):

2018-01-03 19:18:12 Parcel transiting to IRELAND

2017-12-27 19:17:46 Parcel is in clearance

2017-12-13 14:55:08 Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport

2017-11-30 10:50:13 Parcel in HongKong Sorting Centre, Waiting for flights

2017-11-29 13:55:38 Parcel departure in Shenzhen Sorting Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

I ordered the day before you and have the same tracking message, but that 22/12 update wasn't made on the system until Thu 4/1/18. I know cos it wasn't there when I checked on 3/1 Their description of the priority shipping method says 10-20 business days which is out the window by now. The delays in the shipping schedule just don't make sense to me, and it beggars belief that an event on 22/12 takes until 4/1 to make it into the online tracking system. A horse and cart would make better time. :confused:

2017-12-16 15:23:41 Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport

2017-12-05 15:23:05 Parcel in HongKong Sorting Centre, Waiting for flights

2017-12-04 15:22:52 Parcel departure in Shenzhen Sorting Centre

Should it be cause for concern when my tracking details are the exact same down to the second?

corsav6 wrote:
    Well the plan is to practice on the 2 cheap one's I got and then buy the Xiaomi. I've seen enough footage and reviews and I own a Xiaomi phone so I know reliability is not a big concern. I'll probably wait until April to order and have it in time for summer.

Hmmm, I get what you're saying although the quads you linked are a totally different flying experience. Best saving the cash and learning with the mi Drone, it basically flies itself! I started off with a cheaper quad and it almost put me off drones altogether.

Best of luck!

jvrk wrote:
    Should it be cause for concern when my tracking details are the exact same down to the second?

Not really, they ship in bulk so that's consignment will arrive into the European hub and then reshipped to us from the EU.

FYI, customs only affect us if the stuff gets stopped in Ireland. As I said before, nobody has been hit with additional charges when purchasing the mi Drone itself. I did however get hit when ordering the battery separately.

Hope they arrive soon guys

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

jvrk wrote: »

So that makes about 4 of us on the same shipment

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

keltoms05 wrote: »
    So that makes about 4 of us on the same shipment

I’m also in the same shipment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I'm a working week behind all of you by the looks of things, my drone arrived in Prague on 27/12

2ynpkb6.jpg

eoz wrote: »
    I’m also in the same shipment

I bet the customs lads are having drone races around the warehouse as we speak...

Things from are slowly coming through for me. Just got an android box today I ordered in mid November and some fabric that was shipped on the 5/11. The postal services can't cope!

Sure the drones can't be far behind..

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Jaysus, at this rate mine won't be here until March!!!

According to the tracking mine arrived in Prague again yesterday :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭JimFin

11James11 wrote: »
    According to the tracking mine arrived in Prague again yesterday :confused:

Same as that - mine also arrived back in Prague yesterday. Presumably it was dispatched without the controller and somebody pressed the return to home function :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Lads just a heads up, do not order anything from TomTop. They are an absolute joke to deal with if something goes wrong. They are expecting me to ship this Xiaomi battery back to them at my own expense to Hong Kong (despite ordering from the German warehouse) which would cost more then the €85 i paid for the battery. So i'm just left with a €85 paperweight at this stage.
    Avoid at all costs

beanian wrote:
    Lads just a heads up, do not order anything from TomTop. They are an absolute joke to deal with if something goes wrong. They are expecting me to ship this Xiaomi battery back to them at my own expense to Hong Kong (despite ordering from the German warehouse) which would cost more then the €85 i paid for the battery. So i'm just left with a €85 paperweight at this stage. Avoid at all costs

Yeah, haven't used them due to horror stories. So annoying that they haven't sorted you out. Did you try contacting Xiaomi directly?

So the tracking entry

has just been replaced with

2018-01-09 16:48:46 Parcel arrival at Prague , Czech

Clearly the tracking information is bogus and they've failed spectacularly to deliver the package within the agreed window. :mad:

Thinking about threatening a PayPal dispute at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Thinking about threatening a PayPal dispute at this stage.

Understand the frustration but opening a dispute won’t get it here any faster. You’ll only be tormenting yourself. When buying from China you often need the patience of a statue. The tracking is usually a rough guesstimate I’ve found.

Just checking this thread on the gearbest forum people seem to be waiting nearly 3 months for delivery :eek:

I did opened a dispute on paypal for my drone ordered on the 12 of november, and they said they can refund me only on 172 euros as I didn't bought any insurance. So I will wait few more months and see if drone arrived before summer.

Das Reich wrote: »
    I did opened a dispute on paypal for my drone ordered on the 12 of november, and they said they can refund me only on 172 euros as I didn't bought any insurance. So I will wait few more months and see if drone arrived before summer.

Who said that - PayPal or Gearbest? Not buying insurance wouldn't come into it if you don't receive the goods you paid for,

I've no issue with a package taking time to arrive from China if the price is right, but if it's going to take 3 months, they shouldn't promise a 10-20 business day delivery window. That's all I'm saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Das Reich wrote: »

If you paid with PayPal you have the protection that they provide. That protection entitles you to a full refund if you do not receive what you paid for.

Forget dealing with whomever you bought the drone from. Deal with PayPal. Escalate the dispute to a claim and leave it at that. They will have 10(or 14) days to respond to the PayPal claim, if they do not respond you will be refunded by PayPal.

• Advertisement

jim salter wrote: »
    If you paid with PayPal you have the protection that they provide. That protection entitles you to a full refund if you do not receive what you paid for.

Forget dealing with whomever you bought the drone from. Deal with PayPal. Escalate the dispute to a claim and leave it at that. They will have 10(or 14) days to respond to the PayPal claim, if they do not respond you will be refunded by PayPal.

Yes I payed with paypal, but who answered was the customer service of gearbest. As I bought a spare battery that arrived already long time ago, I would prefer to receive the drone than the refund, so I will wait a bit more. Its frustrating the delay.

Advertisement