Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Options

Comments

Yip, it's definitely a conspiracy. :rolleyes:
    No conspiracy, just facts. midday joggers tend to be local office workers and there are lots of offices in that area who have powerful people working in them.

It's very easy for someone to keep sthumm, lose CCTV video of the jogger returning to the office gym, etc

A man shot a RPG-22 anti-tank rocket from Spring Gardens in the center of London, right into the MI6 building on the Thames.

He wasn't caught either in one of the most CCTV heavy places on earth.

Surveillance in London is massive but there are gaps everywhere, broken networks, devices that don't record etc.
    Sure there are gaps, that attack was obviously planned after finding the gap, but the jogger is a different story, he was on a main road in the centre of the city in very public areas, areas that are flooded with cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Wouldnt it be gas if she saw him again in the same place and pushed him in the river. No cctv, she'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

Sure there are gaps, that attack was obviously planned after finding the gap, but the jogger is a different story, he was on a main road in the centre of the city in very public areas, areas that are flooded with cameras.

What I mean is people assume the police can follow you on CCTV from the city center to your home in London. It doesn't work like that.

The reason they don't know who this guy is, is because there are gaps in CCTV surveillance. He disappeared off the grid a few streets later and they have no idea where he went. It's that simple.

There is no need of conspiracy theories about him being protected by the powers that be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

It’s annoying that he wasn’t found but she’s alive and it looks like she wouldn’t have picked up any lasting injuries. Not an ideal resolution but it could have been so much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

_Dara_ wrote: »
    It’s annoying that he wasn’t found but she’s alive and it looks like she wouldn’t have picked up any lasting injuries. Not an ideal resolution but it could have been so much worse.

Still it would be nice to see thoughtless ****stains, like the runner get his comeuppance .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's a weird one, you would think something like that would eventually leak out, even as a Chinese whisper. The City of London is a relatively small place (I mean the FS district not the actual whole city) so you'd have gotten wind of it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Still it would be nice to see thoughtless ****stains, like the runner get his comeuppance .

I know but unfortunately many crimes don’t get solved so one has to reach for positives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Sorry if this has been already asked and answered, but why is the pusher's face pixellated in some videos of the incident?

dense wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been already asked and answered, but why is the pusher's face pixellated in some videos of the incident?
    Some media outlets require the person's permission to show their face on videos, as he is unknown, this isn't possible.

So they're just following their organisation's rules.

It's not as if he's going to complain though... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

How long after did they go looking for the footage though?

If all they have is video footage and a suspect that not enough anyway

Even if they have him in London at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭lalababa

As he hasn't been identified yet after much media and social media coverage, I would put forward that he may have been a tourist/ business visitor, staying at a hotel. Probably a stressed out physcopatic ( Spelling?) yank. Must look at snapshots again, as this type of visitor would be wearing pricey gear.

lalababa wrote: »
    As he hasn't been identified yet after much media and social media coverage, I would put forward that he may have been a tourist/ business visitor, staying at a hotel. Probably a stressed out physcopatic ( Spelling?) yank. Must look at snapshots again, as this type of visitor would be wearing pricey gear.

For some reason I too assumed he was American

I think it was the pants

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Maybe he was an assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,274 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Ficheall wrote: »
    Maybe he was an assassin.

There's two asses in assassin.

The footage of the bus shown swerving was shot from the rear of a vehicle and there was no published forward facing dashcam footage.

Was there no camera on the bus that swerved?
    Or has other footage not been published?

Did this rear facing footage surface long after the incident?

Is that why there's no other footage available?

Some media outlets require the person's permission to show their face on videos, as he is unknown, this isn't possible.

So they're just following their organisation's rules.

It's not as if he's going to complain though... :rolleyes:

Yes but I don't think that's the case. Following their own rules doesn't explain it.

The same news media outlets show for example dash cam videos of drivers or cyclists remonstrating with others from whom I very much doubt they've gotten consent.

So not having his consent doesn't seem to be a valid reason here.

(I'm thinking here of the likes of the DM here where rules are regularly "tested" anyway, and not just their own, if there are any!)

Mikenesson wrote: »
    Did this rear facing footage surface long after the incident?

Is that why there's no other footage available?

Maybe the bus company has some, I expect the driver reported it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Probably some high-roller who works in the city. Most of them are sociopaths. I hope they catch him and put him away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

It was a fair shoulder. She dived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭sporina

Watched a play last night based on this story "Once Upon A Bridge" - by Druid Theatre.. twas brilliant.. I actually hadn't heard about the incident till yesterday - wow... they included footage of the incident in the play..
    Must read up on this thread later..
    In the mean time though, I wonder why the lady didn't contact the driver to thank him - to protect her identity perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,896 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

sporina wrote: »
    Watched a play last night based on this story "Once Upon A Bridge" - by Druid Theatre.. twas brilliant.. I actually hadn't heard about the incident till yesterday - wow... they included footage of the incident in the play..
    Must read up on this thread later..
    In the mean time though, I wonder why the lady didn't contact the driver to thank him - to protect her identity perhaps?

How did you watch the play

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Thought theyd finally got someone for this when I saw the thread bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it still an open investigation? hope he is caught he did it once he'll do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭cuculainn

why do they have a limited viewing window if it is pre recorded. i would def have got tickets to watch it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I'll wait for the big screen adaptation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I'll wait for the big screen adaptation.

It'll probably have Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock on the bus

Advertisement