Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Technician Aptitude Test

Options
  • 07-08-2017 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm sitting the first year Accounting Technician Aptitude Test this Thursday. I'm feeling very nervous. I was told that it would be a simple test with 6th class level maths questions. Has anyone sat this exam? What type of questions should I expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Just googled it and got this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056352776

Not much there at all - only worthwhile bit

" it is actually all accounting based. Most of it easy calculations of percentages wages and VAT questions"

Good luck with it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Moved from Films.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sotima

Hi , I am going to have my aptitude test next week Tuesday. Couldn't find much information ab it on internet .
    Could u please tell me how did it go ? What kind of questions u had in the text.
    thanks a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mjbo

I am fully aware this post is 2 years old so this is just an update for anyone doing an aptitude test in the future. (I hope the OP was successful in their accountancy study)

I completed the Accountancy Tehnician aptitude test today and for the one I did there were 25 questions in total. The pass mark was 60% (and I passed thankfully). You had 25 minutes to complete the test. The questions were all numerical with the first half of the questions asking you to complete a calculation and pick one of the answers provided. The second half of questions were again calculations and you had to write down the answer (no answers were provided for you to pick from). I didn't think the questions were too difficult but I am looking to take up this course as a mature student so have good work experience in the financial world under my belt.
    As with any exam, the one key piece of advice I can give is to make sure to read the question thoroughly as I realised I had made 2 or 3 stupid mistakes when I re-read my test before handing it up.

Best of luck for anyone completing this aptitude test now or in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kelynda

Hi, how long did it take u to find out that u passed ur test? I done mine yesterday. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mjbo

Kelynda wrote: »
    Hi, how long did it take u to find out that u passed ur test? I done mine yesterday. Thanks

I got word that I passed the test on the same day (completed the aptitude test at 9:30am and received a text around 3:00pm same day).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kowalski202

mjbo wrote: »
    I am fully aware this post is 2 years old so this is just an update for anyone doing an aptitude test in the future. (I hope the OP was successful in their accountancy study)

I completed the Accountancy Tehnician aptitude test today and for the one I did there were 25 questions in total. The pass mark was 60% (and I passed thankfully). You had 25 minutes to complete the test. The questions were all numerical with the first half of the questions asking you to complete a calculation and pick one of the answers provided. The second half of questions were again calculations and you had to write down the answer (no answers were provided for you to pick from). I didn't think the questions were too difficult but I am looking to take up this course as a mature student so have good work experience in the financial world under my belt.
    As with any exam, the one key piece of advice I can give is to make sure to read the question thoroughly as I realised I had made 2 or 3 stupid mistakes when I re-read my test before handing it up.

Best of luck for anyone completing this aptitude test now or in the future.

Hi, can you please give me more information about the type of questions you had, I will have this test soon , was it mostly just VAT, percentages, additions, multiplications and deductions? do you need to know anything about accounts like liabilities and assets?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

Hi kowalski202

Did you find out any more detail on the exam, I'm due to have it tomorrow morning

Thanks

Advertisement