Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to motivate myself/ how did you change/start?

Options
  • 06-08-2017 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Just looking for some advice

I'm 26 , male height 6,2 and weigh 14.4 stone

I'm getting married in 11 months and want to lose a small belly I have and man boobs(hate them!!)

I've had man boobs before a belly I'd believe :)

I work on a desk job 9-5:30 mon to Friday and study in evenings at home

I find myself pushing out exercising and diet changing ( I wouldn't have a very bad diet to be fair) and I am making excuses but deep down knowing I need to change to lose weight and be happy with myself

So my Question is to those who have changed their life style , how did you start and want tips can you provide to motivate me to actually get off
    My back side and lose weight ?

Oh ya and how the hell do I lose man boobs (anyone had this problem)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

Set a goal; moob erradication.
    Set a strategy; nutrition/exercise.
    Set smaller goals along the way.
    Do it.

Simplest way to remove the belly/boobs is to cut calories, best exercise I can think of for someone in your situation would be some total body hiit, 20-30 mins on a 2 on 1 off schedule should have you rockin the suit on the big day.
    Body coach on you tube has some great hiit vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Your maintenance calories is nearly 2500 so you'd want to be aiming for under 2000 calories per day for a pound/week loss. Start tracking every calorie you consume in myfitnesspal.
    If there's any kind of activity you enjoy doing, do that but ultimately weight loss will come down to what you're eating.
    As for motivation you just have to push through and do that workout or avoid that choc bar/crisps/sweets when you really don't want to, it eventually leads to discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Motivation always comes from within - it can disappear at times as we all know.

Your motivation surely would be the wedding in 11 months - view that as a photoshoot.

Just start - don't sweat any details or diet at the start just get moving and assess after a few weeks. Don't go crazy do maybe 3 days at the start and build to 5 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Just start

These two words are the best advice anyone can give you. Starting is the hardest part.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Make one new habit at a time whether that's changing your lunch or deciding which days of the week are workout nights. Takes a couple weeks to make a new habit i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement