Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Pettis vs Moreno

Options
  • 05-08-2017 10:02pm

VkuLZTH.jpg
    Date 5 August 2017
    Venue Arena Ciudad de México
    City Mexico City, Mexico
    Date: 5th August 2017
    City: Mexico City, Mexico
    Times: Main Event kicks off at 3am on BT sports.

There is some good fights in this but overall its not a great event. I am looking forward to smiling Sam v Rashard and having a bit of a look at Grasso :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really hope Rashad can get the win and retire on a high. I used to like smiling Sam but the note I see his smile, the more annoyed I get for some reason.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I really hope Rashad can get the win and retire on a high. I used to like smiling Sam but the note I see his smile, the more annoyed I get for some reason.

97qsuqM.jpg

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I am a smiling Sam fan haha, I hope he beats the brakes off Rashad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ya, it's a bit lacklustre alright. I put on a low stakes goliath for the first 8 fights, might be beddy-byes time after that. Might catch the last fights tomorrow.

tinpib wrote: »
    Ya, it's a bit lacklustre alright. I put on a low stakes goliath for the first 8 fights, might be beddy-byes time after that. Might catch the last fights tomorrow.

I'll watch a few fights but dont think I even care about most of the fights. Only division I dont care about is the flyweight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There's a few fights I'd be interested in there. The main, co-main, Alvey vs Evans and Scott vs Hermansson specifically, but I'm shattered so will catch the whole thing tomorrow.

Just so you know, there's no UFC for a month after this event so while it isn't great at all on paper, it may be worth getting your fix.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Connor Mcgregor has ruined the UFC for me unfortunately. His fights have so much hype and build up that everything else just seems bland and boring.

Not wanting to hijack thread just saying

Paully D wrote: »
    There's a few fights I'd be interested in there. The main, co-main, Alvey vs Evans and Scott vs Hermansson specifically, but I'm shattered so will catch the whole thing tomorrow.

Just so you know, there's no UFC for a month after this event so while it isn't great at all on paper, it may be worth getting your fix.

Ah nooooooooooooo. When you put it like that I might as well stay up and watch it haha

Autochange wrote: »
    Connor Mcgregor has ruined the UFC for me unfortunately. His fights have so much hype and build up that everything else just seems bland and boring.

Not wanting to hijack thread just saying

Fcuk Conor Mcgregor. He is a boxer now and I have no interest in him or that circus until he comes back to UFC.

Fcuk Conor Mcgregor. He is a boxer now and I have no interest in him or that circus until he comes back to UFC.

He wont be back. he never defends belts, just moves on.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »

Yep, Saturday, September 2nd from Rotterdam.

There is a Bellator from New York on Friday, August 25th though.

Autochange wrote: »
    He wont be back. he never defends belts, just moves on.

UFC is bland without Conor? I was nearly in tears for DC last week, was at the edge of my seat for Lawler v Cowboy and yelled at the tv when Ortega sank in that submission. If you think "UFC is bland without Conor" then you are just a Conor fan imo, not an MMA fan.

UFC is bland without Conor? I was nearly in tears for DC last week, was at the edge of my seat for Lawler v Cowboy and yelled at the tv when Ortega sank in that submission. If you think "UFC is bland without Conor" then you are just a Conor fan imo, not an MMA fan.

Was there ufc on last week? I missed it . I was up all night on youtube watching mcgregor videos.

get a grip. I just said i hope he disappears.

Seems like the early prelims haven't started on time?

Was any fights cancelled due to someone missing weight? or anything.

Seems like the early prelims haven't started on time?

Nope, just a problem with my rabbit's ears. Have it now.

Nope, just a problem with my rabbit's ears. Have it now.

I cant start watching till about 1 because I am watching a movie with the missus before she goes to bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Cant support this muck with my viewership will catch the main event on replay awful awful card.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Cant support this muck with my viewership will catch the main event on replay awful awful card.

Im watching it but not giving them my viewership if you catch my drift

That is one of the first ever proper KOs I have seen at 125

• Advertisement

5 first round finishes out of 6. Some amount of filler muck on tonight.

5 first round finishes out of 6. Some amount of filler muck on tonight.

It is a fairly entertaining fight night though, it was a sleeper.

Perez shouldn't have won that.

Perez shouldn't have won that.

Ya, the other fella was robbed alright.

See how poor ould Rashad gets on now.

Ya, the other fella was robbed alright.

See how poor ould Rashad gets on now.

I like Smilin Sam, Rashad has already had his career...... Would do Alveys career the world of good to get the KO here

Not a great fight, I have Alby in the last leg of my typically jinxed Goliath.

Sam Alvey, I should say. Well, that was a stinker. Rashad disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jesus what a knee. I nearly felt that myself!

Whamee! Christ that was some knee. Yer man didn't move a muscle for ages afterwards, hope he is ok.

yet another rd 1 stoppage, unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Whamee! Christ that was some knee. Yer man didn't move a muscle for ages afterwards, hope he is ok.

yet another rd 1 stoppage, unreal.

Bandenay is an absolute c**t for landing those follow up shots. There was literally no doubt he was out cold before he even hit the ground.

Advertisement