Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 4 "The Spoils of War" - "Non book readers"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

The big thing I'm thinking of with Jaime is his undeniably gonna sink to the bottom no questions asked because yea he has armour on but the big massive weight in what is his GOLDEN HAND surely is sending him deep into the drink but it's thrones and I can see him been captured as a way of telling cersie we've got your only thing that matters now....

Was it bronn that jumped him out of the fire??? Could it be a plot twist that it was tyrion... Have to watch it again tonite...

Thought in winterfell that sansa was a little jealous of ayra but then again it could be a plot twist to make us all think that she has done noting while all her siblings are something... (Which is the case so far) maybe she has something big just around the corner...

Need white walkers next week... Need to see what's going on at eastwatch by the sea and castle black as so far haven't been showing this season... Next week will be huge I hope and that's definitely a top 3 episode no word about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

DANNY2014 wrote: »

Was it bronn that jumped him out of the fire??? Could it be a plot twist that it was tyrion... Have to watch it again tonite...

Ah Tyrion was miles away watching. If he had Shergar as his mount he still couldn't have made that distance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Thought in winterfell that sansa was a little jealous of ayra but then again it could be a plot twist to make us all think that she has done noting while all her siblings are something... (Which is the case so far) maybe she has something big just around the corner...

got_weird_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I thought when Sansa asked Arya who else was on her list , that she was wondering was she on it herself.
    Seems nobody else has thought that tho,
    But it's the the first thing I thought by the way she asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Was it bronn that jumped him out of the fire??? Could it be a plot twist that it was tyrion... Have to watch it again tonite.

I reckon it's Dickon :) and he has sunk to the bottom and drowned.

Bronn is a cracking character.... Dickon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

Jon: how many men do we have to fight them? 10 thousand? Less?
    Sir Davos: fewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

pah wrote: »
    I'm struggling a bit with Aryas skill level.

She barely beat the waif last season but now she's a fully fledged 16 yr old ninja assassin. Deflecting heavy blows from Brianne with needle. A stretch too far imo.
    When Arya fought the Waif, she was still recovering from being stabbed and was not physically at her best. Jumping off balconies didn't exactly help, either!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Gru wrote: »
    Jon: how many men do we have to fight them? 10 thousand? Less?
    Sir Davos: fewer.

I enjoyed that, and also Bran's "Chaos is a ladder" to Littlefinger.

Regarding the ending, it seemed clear to me that it was meant as a cliffhanger, in that we're not supposed to know for sure whether Jaime is alive or not until the next episode. The trailer for episode 5 confirms this more or less.

Really enjoyed the episode though. Was pretty sure Bronn was going to be brown bread at several points in the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Can anyone confirm if there's any difference between the preview episode and tonight's actual episode.

Is it just me, or has the writing suffered since they've gone off book?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

flazio wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if there's any difference between the preview episode and tonight's actual episode.

There isn't.

Is it just me, or has the writing suffered since they've gone off book?..

As we are non book readers how can we tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Bronn or anyone could jump in and help him up, or Dany could order Drogon to do it...Jaime is more valuable alive then dead, he would know Cerseis plans!

I don't think Jaime is dead. Lannister army looked like it was routed anyway

Or Gendry could have been rowing by :P

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

There isn't.

It was a lot more noticeable in S5 and somewhat in S6, but I think this season has been fine. It's probably easier to hide the shoddier (note, -ER, it's hard to live up to GRRM) writing this season when there are so many huge events in such a short amount of time.

I don't mind either way. Bar the meh-ness of S5 I have loved pretty much episode of GoT.

Anyway do you think the Dragon arrows could have poison on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

That was epic!

The Lannister army looked shot, those poignant scenes where Jamie and Tyrion were looking at the army burning was telling (unless they have reserves)

Surprised the other two dragons didn't make an experience.

Drogon could of solved the Euron problem in a moment and saved a lot of hassle for everyone. I wonder will Danny be more cautious now shes seen Drogon get hurt, it's clear they are not invincible. My heart was in my mouth for minute when I thought of the possibility of him getting killed:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Anyway do you think the Dragon arrows could have poison on them?
    Unlikely. They're massive and would have to be handled with extreme care. Also, you'd have to have a poison that wouldn't degenerate over time. They brought them all the way from KL to Highgarden and pretty much all the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Wow the last 20mins was amazing. CGI was great for a change. Hope that's not all the season's budget gone

Unlikely. They're massive and would have to be handled with extreme care. Also, you'd have to have a poison that wouldn't degenerate over time. They brought them all the way from KL to Highgarden and pretty much all the way back.

Qyburn has been experimenting with them, he may have figured out a way. Jaime served some to Olenna. Wasn't the thing called Scorpion? Maybe Qyburn developed a cure too?

If I were Dany I would invest in dragon armour!

turnikett1 wrote: »
    It was a lot more noticeable in S5 and somewhat in S6, but I think this season has been fine. It's probably easier to hide the shoddier (note, -ER, it's hard to live up to GRRM) writing this season when there are so many huge events in such a short amount of time.

I don't mind either way. Bar the meh-ness of S5 I have loved pretty much episode of GoT.

What? My "there isn't" was a response to a question about differences between the leaked and broadcast episodes.

• Advertisement

As we are non book readers how can we tell?

What's that got to do with it? The quality of the writing is the quality of the writing. Nothing to do with story or plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Don't really get everyone questioning timelines condensed and the quality of dialogue in this season... for me it's probably the most enjoyable season yet of GOT.

Sit back ladies and gentlemen and enjoy these last 2 seasons - GOT like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad is in the process of changing Television. The big screen has been brought to the small screen in an epic fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

What? My "there isn't" was a response to a question about differences between the leaked and broadcast episodes.

Quoted the wrong post, my bad :o

Anyway, episode 5 trailer is on Youtube now. Does anyone think we'll see another battle so soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Quoted the wrong post, my bad :o

Anyway, episode 5 trailer is on Youtube now. Does anyone think we'll see another battle so soon?

Probably a break this episode and one more.

You can see they are trying to hurry everything along to finish up the show. Some things would have been drawn out a little longer. With so much fighting presumably to do I can imagine it's going to happen quite fast now.

I'm guessing no real battle until episode 6/7 but plenty of mini fighting scenes in between!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Great episode. Those were some very well trained horses to charge a shield wall and not turn back.

Was that a hint at a marriage proposal in the dragonglass cave?

Cersei's grain going up in smoke should shake things up a bit.

Qyburn's great invention wasn't the thousand year old ballista after all, but the mount. It's very nimble considering how much it has to weigh.

Does Danaerys not know the fleet at Casterly Rock has been attacked yet?

What's that got to do with it? The quality of the writing is the quality of the writing. Nothing to do with story or plot.
    How are we non book readers supposed to tell if a perceived dip in writing quality is because the writing is not drawn from the book if we haven't read it. For all we know there might have been a dip in quality in GRRM's book writing, we simply know as much as Jon Snow.

Is this worse quality then what's gone before, absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What an episode.

Bronn scene when the gold flew was good showed he isn't all about the gold most of the castle talk was in jest.

Need to watch again see what littlefinger is up to one thing I noticed one scene he lingered on screen and there was sound of a possible raven.

Tyrion Jamie and Bronn situation should be interesting need to watch the preview to next week yet.

What is Aria gonna do from winterfell? At least she showed she is no child any more and not be looked down on like she was in earlier series by her siblings

JoeyJJ wrote: »

What is Aria gonna do from winterfell? At least she showed she is no child any more and not be looked down on like she was in earlier series by her siblings

I very much doubt she's finished with her Kick the Bucket list just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I very much doubt she's finished with her Kick the Bucket list just yet.

I certainly hope not. She needs to get back on the road again

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Is littlefinger on her list?
    DIdnt she overhear Him plotting against Ned (or Sansa?) few seasons back?

Advertisement