Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Littlewoods DISGRACE

Options
  • 28-07-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I'm absolutely fuming, after getting some goods from littlewoods they all of a sudden decide to cut my account from getting further orders with the bulls**t line of

"After further checks, I regret to inform you that we cannot accept any further orders on this account. This is due to conflicting information that we were not previously aware of. If you have any outstanding balance on the account you should make your payment as requested on your statement"

Also refusing to give me a credit increase and the cheek to request payment even though i cannot order any more goods, like who do they think they are? I'm so so mad, the society we live in today eh, ive a good mind to leave them off now altogether

Comments

Have you any idea what the conflicting information is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

liam650 wrote: »

Also refusing to give me a credit increase and the cheek to request payment even though i cannot order any more goods, like who do they think they are? I'm so so mad, the society we live in today eh, ive a good mind to leave them off now altogether

You've ordered and received goods from them and now they've asked for payment how is that cheeky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Have you asked them what the 'conflicting information' is? If you've a poor credit history that they weren't aware of or you or someone at your address previously had an account with them that went bad then that seems fairly reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You need to contact them to figure out what this "conflicting information" is and what you can do to resolve it. It is a credit service after all, and they are entitled to withdraw further credit.

To be honest, I know you may be feeling angry, but that's an instinctive reaction. Take a deep breath and when you're feeling better, get in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

How is it a disgrace when you don't even know what the "conflicting information" is ?.You deserve an explanation,so take it up directly with Littlewoods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

So have you not paid them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

They charge an extortionate 40% interest rate in addition to excessive prices - be happy you are no longer dealing with them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Yeah, didn't think anyone actually shopped there..

I thought it was a place to compare their inflated pricing with other online retailers to make you feel good about spending money elsewhere and see how much you saved! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

To the OP

From some of your other posts it seems you did not pay an electricity bill and it had to go to a third party collection agency.

Wild guess - littlewoods found out and immediately you were flagged a credit risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

CeilingFly wrote: »
    To the OP

From some of your other posts it seems you did not pay an electricity bill and it had to go to a third party collection agency.

Wild guess - littlewoods found out and immediately you were flagged a credit risk.
    And is on social welfare and looking at getting credit in argos all red flags to littlewoods ....I use littlewoods on occasion but always pay upfront because of the huge interest they charge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

well they said they do not have to share the conflicting information they found but 2 can play at that game...... due to conflicting information I cannot make payment to them now and i use my rights to withhold the reasons, just like they did, we will see how smart they are now

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

well they said they do not have to share the conflicting information they found but 2 can play at that game...... due to conflicting information I cannot make payment to them now and i use my rights to withhold the reasons, just like they did, we will see how smart they are now

They are wrong and so are you.
    You have the right to the information and you have the obligation to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Perhaps it's because they previously had problems with getting paid by you?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91690895&postcount=1

No that was years ago that is all water under the bridge now we have moved on to the here and now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

OP, Stubbs Gazette has been around since 1828. Its not a makey uppey website.

Well no if you read the t&c's you agreed to you'll see they can cancel the credit agreement.

Morpork wrote: »
    They are wrong and so are you.
    You have the right to the information and you have the obligation to pay.

No they don't have to tell him the reasons why, it's unlikely they even know the reasons at a customer service level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

No that was years ago that is all water under the bridge now we have moved on to the here and now

As you probably thought at the time, pursuing you for a small amount would have cost more than the debt so they didn't bother. However you will find that debt will cost you a lot more in the future, it's not easy to remedy a bad credit rating.

No they don't have to tell him the reasons why, it's unlikely they even know the reasons at a customer service level.

No if they have any data on him, which they do now, he has the right to a copy of the data under the data protection act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

There is a strong scent of entitlement from the op. Rather than trying to sort out this issue in private they post on a public forum in an attempt to 'embarrass' the store. This is a no-win situation and will not end well for the op. Unless of course they engage professionally with the store.

went on stubby gazette to see if i could find information on myself and they asked for a 369 euro payment, what a money racket, its all money with them

Morpork wrote: »
    No if they have any data on him, which they do now, he has the right to a copy of the data under the data protection act.

Of the data they hold on him yes. That's not the same as demanding a customer service agent tell him why his credit has been stopped though is it?
    They aren't wrong to refuse to tell him over the phone something that they probably don't know. He can write and ask them for that data if he wants it, though for they've used an external company as most do they just return yes or no without details.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

its all money with them

From a business? Well I, for one, am amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

went on stubby gazette to see if i could find information on myself and they asked for a 369 euro payment, what a money racket, its all money with them

Shocking! It's almost as if they were trying to run a business and not a charity.

bee06 wrote: »
    Shocking! It's almost as if they were trying to run a business and not a charity.

They don't be long about writing bad stuff about people making it difficult for them to obtain credit, their quick enough with that but not so quick to give information out

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Just run a credit check on yourself on the ICB. It's cheaper 6 quid. But you do have to pay up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pay your debts and have a peaceful life otherwise return the goods and never use Littlewoods again.

Of the data they hold on him yes. That's not the same as demanding a customer service agent tell him why his credit has been stopped though is it?
    They aren't wrong to refuse to tell him over the phone something that they probably don't know. He can write and ask them for that data if he wants it, though for they've used an external company as most do they just return yes or no without details.

No its not the same because it's not what I said either. If the external company passed them information then they now have that. If he requested it he would find out why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Honestly, you're just proving their point at this stage.

If you make a request under Data Protection rules they must give you a copy of any information they have on you, but you have to make the request in a specific way, not just ask someone over the phone.

No business is obliged to sell to you particularly if they discover you have breached their terms of service or deliberately mislead them. Pay your debts and move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement