Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pino Harris had died aged 75

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭goochy

All I know is they are appointing new dealers all the time , always look at UK trade websites

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not informed on this, but I'd guess they're tiny Subaru/MG style operations that can't get anything bigger and don't have to make any investment.

The Brits are less bothered by brands than us. Remember Hyundai and Kia got off the ground there alot quicker than here. I am thinking back to Hyundai in UK in 80s where they enjoyed some success there compared to Ireland. Jeep also sell much more than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Jeep took ages to get away from petrol engines, and got a reputation for gearbox and axle problems. Also depreciation was high. Towing capacity lower than the oppksition as well.
    Ssangyong designs looked clunky and those wide rear pillars were strange, I never liked the look of the huge covers sticking out over the front hubs either.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Always remember the 4ltr petrol Cherokee the gardai had, horribly built yoke which was hugely thirsty and not in anyway fast

• Advertisement

Yes in some cases I think that irish just won't buy crap cars but other ways it could be conservativeness and being too loyal to brands .
    dacia are proving this somewhat wrong but think the fact they are sold by Renault helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Friends dad works as a salesman for the last 30 years at hino Harris, never heard a bad spoken about him only sorry I never got to meet him in person,

Rip Mr Harris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

goochy wrote: »
    The Brits are less bothered by brands than us. Remember Hyundai and Kia got off the ground there alot quicker than here. I am thinking back to Hyundai in UK in 80s where they enjoyed some success there compared to Ireland. Jeep also sell much more than here.

But yet Dacia has managed to take off both here and in the UK

Here's a clue

Dacia Duster €16495 ex works
    Ssangyong Tivoli €21495 ex works

Yes though they are not really comparable . The fact the koronda is not great and is priced similar to Tucson and sportage was a terrible way to relaunch the brand

• Advertisement

The tivoli is smaller than a Duster though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Twin steering front axle trucks are one of the most popular configuration in Japan and the Far East / Australia and have been for donkey years, are you saying pino invented these? Sounds like an old wives tail to me

They were common years ago - particularly on older U.K. made trucks.
    .......On a rigid truck with a single drive axle and twin steer at front they were known as a "Chinese Six"!!! Although some round refer to a tractor unit with same configuration as a Chinese six also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Was told yesterday that as well as Pino passing away, two other of his senior managers have also died.
    All 3 in the space of 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Was told yesterday that as well as Pino passing away, two other of his senior managers have also died.
    All 3 in the space of 3 weeks.

The older generation would always mention deaths in 3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Jesus . He married his secretary after his mother died .she's running business now but they not doing much business now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Odelay

…-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

He died in 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement