Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise welcome

Options
  • 26-07-2017 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

I am putting together a plan for training, mobility and diet for the next six weeks.

Goal is to lose 6kg in weight, estimated body fat is 25%.

To adhere to the program I will have three notifications on my phone, one to log food journal, one to remind me to train and the other to log information up here.

Training:

Is based on Easy strength program from Dan john (http://danjohn.net/wp-content/uploads/EasyStrengthPaper.pdf), followed by HIIT/Interval session for 20mins for 3-4 days a week

One cardio session 40-90mins a week

ES program just to work on strength and the HIIT is to help burn some fat. To help with recover and aid in the weight loss a 30mins walk at lunch time.

Diet

Weakness are the weekend and snacking in the car. To that I am going to try and make it easy by not snacking or eating something like a protein bar instead. To reduce the blowout at the weekend I am going to try use an IF strategy. A 16:8 hr as lunch can be the start of things going wrong and having a defined end of eating will cut out the late hours of grazing.

Mobility

Work on one body part during the ES part of the program. With say two 30min of foam rolling and mobility work during the week.

Any advise of the above ? HIIT sessions, metcon, mobility from youtube etc. Advise on my diet strategy or how to be accountable is more than welcome too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Training 5 days is doable. But it's also very easy to miss sessions when life/work gets in the way and can be left facings several days in a row to get back on schedule.

I always take some time in front of the TV on Sunday to adjust my training days for the week. Move around my rest days, evening sessions to fit my schedule for the week. Obviously no need to do that if schedule will never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

You are dead right i need to look and plan the week ahead. I will add another notification for Sunday to plan training and food for the week. I can always have it rough in my head but adding a bit of structure will be no harm. Cheers

I was also think I need to assess the plan and review I actual did during the week. So maybe hopping on the scale Sunday, taken a few measurements and photos. It will allow me to adjust if I am not seeing the results

Advertisement