Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 is going to get a lot more congested.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/residents-of-dublin-neighbourhood-dismayed-as-trees-felled-for-housing-1.3894424?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fireland%2Firish-news%2Fresidents-of-dublin-neighbourhood-dismayed-as-trees-felled-for-housing-1.3894424

Wow, sad to see one of the last semi rural areas of Clonsilla have all these trees felled near St Joseph's hospital for housing. I welcome more housing in the area to meet the chronic shortage and the fact it's a stones throw from the train station so it makes sense but it just means the area becomes more of a concrete jungle. One of the compromises of urban living I guess....

But its not urban living its suburban living.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Phil.x wrote: »
    But its not urban living its suburban living.

Incitful post, what is your opinion on the substitutive issue of the trees been felled?

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Incitful post, what is your opinion on the substitutive issue of the trees been felled?

Im totally enraged by the cutting of those trees, and I've let the canvassing politicians have it.

Suburban areas need trees its the one thing that make it different the urban living in say Smithfield.

And im against the building of more homes on every last available patch of land, there will be no distinction between dublin, kildare and meath when the development south west of hansfield station in completed, thousands of houses, no new facilities, amenities, roads of rail carriages.

If i could swap my home with sombody in the city i would as dublin 15 is going in the wrong direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Im totally enraged by the cutting of those trees, and I've let the canvassing politicians have it.

Suburban areas need trees its the one thing that make it different the urban living in say Smithfield.

And im against the building of more homes on every last available patch of land, there will be no distinction between dublin, kildare and meath when the development south west of hansfield station in completed, thousands of houses, no new facilities, amenities, roads of rail carriages.

If i could swap my home with sombody in the city i would as dublin 15 is going in the wrong direction.
    I thought there was going to be replanting elsewhere to compensate for the cutting. You can sell and move to the city if you wanted, there's nothing stopping you from doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

FW19A/0085

Plans for 93 residential units in buildings up to 5 storeys submitted for the site next to Allendale Square in Clonsilla (it's currently being used as a temporary site entrance for the new apartments that have just been built overlooking the Ongar Distributor Road). The original period "Allendale house" located on the site will not be part of the development.

Fingal planning reference quoted above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Dublin 15 coukd easily have 20 /30 story buildings especially around the centre. we need to move up not out

Dublin 15 coukd easily have 20 /30 story buildings especially around the centre. we need to move up not out

We are out, out on the edge of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

it could, but first it needs the infrastructure.
    couple of subway lines, express busses...:cool:

We are out, out on the edge of Dublin.

And were still going.....

d15ude wrote: »

it could, but first it needs the infrastructure.
    couple of subway lines, express busses...:cool:

What infrastructure ? Give planning to two or three big blocks beside the blanchardstown centre will approval on infrastructures be put in place first... for all of D15. The cash wounldnt be long flowing in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's this I'm hearing about some madness done to the roundabout beside the carpo pub? Need to see a photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Can you translate that into English?

RasTa wrote: »
    What's this I'm hearing about some madness done to the roundabout beside the carpo pub? Need to see a photo

It would appear that there has be alterations made to the Roundabout at the junction of Diswellstown Road and Carpenterstown Road And Brunel Park, near the Carpenter Pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

It would appear that there has be alterations made to the Roundabout at the junction of Diswellstown Road and Carpenterstown Road And Brunel Park, near the Carpenter Pub.

They put flashing beacon lights up at the exits but that was ages ago, unless something changed since Friday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah only heard it yesterday from some lads who where back home. Broken down as

"12 sets of lights and 10 zebra crossing. It’s like something from the Krypton Factor."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah only heard it yesterday from some lads who where back home. Broken down as

"12 sets of lights and 10 zebra crossing. It’s like something from the Krypton Factor."

I think your friend was exaggerating somewhat. There are now zebra crossings at each branch off the roundabout. It looks a bit mad but doesn't really affect traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Nothing major but some zebra crossings as mentioned. Lots of foot traffic there at times with the park, school, shops, train station up the road. Seems fine.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Blame the government for the first time buyers grant. This is driving up demand for new houses, rather than the renovation of old.

I think your friend was exaggerating somewhat. There are now zebra crossings at each branch off the roundabout. It looks a bit mad but doesn't really affect traffic.

I drive through there a lot. Never noticed any changes. Obviously not causing a problem so.

People in Little Pace and Castaheany gave out about the new sets of zebra crossings and flashing lights at some of the roundabouts in that area a few years back saying the "bright lights" were disturbing their sleep.... and that it was a nuisance for cars to have to now yield for pedestrians in place they previously didn't have to....

I'm always supportive of any measure that improves road safety for the most vulnerable road users...pedestrians!

• Advertisement

I'm always supportive of any measure that improves road safety for the most vulnerable road users...pedestrians!

Yes indeed, especially the Pedestrians who are wearing Headphones and are so engrossed in their music or phone calls, that they simply walk out on to the road oblivious to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Yes indeed, especially the Pedestrians who are wearing Headphones and are so engrossed in their music or phone calls, that they simply walk out on to the road oblivious to all.

They might be idiots but I don't think as a driver I'd be the better of hitting and killing one of them.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    They might be idiots but I don't think as a driver I'd be the better of hitting and killing one of them.

Why would even think that?
    Road Safety applies to all road users, when either crossing it, or when using a vehicle on it.

A big section of the carpark, footpaths and bike racks are fenced off at hansfield station, the guy who was blocking them off couldn't answer why he was doing it.

Anyone know why.

A big section of the carpark, footpaths and bike racks are fenced off at hansfield station, the guy who was blocking them off couldn't answer why he was doing it.

Anyone know why.

We got a notification on our Facebook residents association page to say it was "to facilitate the provision of ESB ducting and diversion of a foul sewer" requested by the developer Newline Homes and will be closed from today (Aug 22nd) to Thursday Sep 19th.

Gas that the people working there didn't know the reason....:D

The sites to the immediate left and right of the station are ramping up big time with development - loads of activity. The new park in Hansfield is coming along nicely with the greenery emerging (although it seems a little on the hilly side) and some nice stone wall/gate entrances. I wonder will the park open this year or will they wait until next Spring?

It took a while for me to find what they were talking about but eventually I extracted below. It appears that seeing as TII (new name for National Roads and Motorways body) are considering alternative orbital routes (11 in total) to the M50 for traffic crossing the Liffey, that initiative may or will render Fingal's plan for the Ongar to Barnhill proposed new road either redundant or conflicting so Fingal Council have proposed a variation to remove their road proposal from their own plan.

That's my understanding of it. I could be way off base though....

Proposed Draft Variation No. 3 to the Fingal Development Plan 2017-2023Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening ReportBrady Shipman Martin6469_2020-01-08_RP_01_027Figure 3.2: Extract from Sheet 13–Showing the IndicativeLine for the Road Proposal This proposed Variation No. 3 to theFingal Development Plan 2017-2023 seeks to remove the indicative line of the Road Proposal, "N3-N4 Barnhill to Leixlip Interchange”, as shown on Sheet 13, Blanchardstown South. Theroad proposal runs from the Barnwell Roundabout, at the Ongar Distributor Road in a southerly direction, through the Hansfield Strategic Development Zone (SDZ)area and the Barnhill LAP lands to the R149 and Passifyoucan, continuing to move south to where the Royal Canal meets the R149, at the boundary of Fingal and County Kildare and from there it moves through County Kildare to the N4/M4 Leixlip Interchange.TII published “enhancing Motorway Operations Services, M50 Resilience between M50 J6 and J7, Scoping Study”in May 2019. This feasibility study considers 11no.routes. More detailed analysis will be required before any preferred route emerges. Given the number of routes under consideration, it is considered pertinent to remove the indicative line shown on Sheet 13, Blanchardstown South in the absence of a final route being selected.Furthermore, it is noted that this indicative line is shown outside of the Fingal Area and remit of the Fingal Development Plan does not extend beyond the Fingal boundary

221 apartments up to 8 storeys granted permission by An Bord Pleanala at Windmill development next to the high bridge near Porterstown. Details of plans below.

windmillshd.ie

221 apartments up to 8 storeys granted permission by An Bord Pleanala at Windmill development next to the high bridge near Porterstown. Details of plans below.

windmillshd.ie

Interesting to see the pricing on these

• Advertisement

Interesting to see the pricing on these

Interesting to see if they get built.

Advertisement