Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You can see from the entrance that Tyson's legs look great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭facehugger99

That was hilariously gay in fairness.

I think Tyson knocks him out. He looks in fantastic shape.

How a judge gave that to Tyson ill be er know. How there was 114-113 scores I don't know.

Usyk by far the better fighter. I was very surprised he had the power to hurt Tyson

I thought Tyson should have went to the body more in everybody round, Usyk didn't seem to like it. If there's a rematch that has to be part of the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I thought Fury won

But understand the decision

Boxing can be mad Fury outboxed Usyk for 5 rounds , Usyk had 1 where he outboxed Fury nearly stopped him & the rest where touch & go

But that's boxing we'll done Usyk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

fury was doing well until he got knocked out on his feet in the 9th, I was surprised he went on the back foot for the fight

Fury had Usyk hurt a few times and didn’t capitalise on it, fury lacked aggression when it was needed

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Usyk some warrior.

Deserves everything he gets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I'd love to see your round by round scoring, no way Fury won that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think Usyk was just a bit hungrier. The old saying about it being hard to go jogging at 5AM when you're wearing silk pyjamas applies. Having said that, Fury can take some serious knocks and not go down. Or when he does go down, he can still get back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭RoryMac

For what it's worth I scored rounds 2, 4, 5, 6 & 7 to Fury and had 11 very tight but gave it to Usyk. The only other round I felt was tight was 2 which I gave to Fury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,082 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Serious knocks? It wasn’t George Foreman hitting him tonight. And he pretty much did go down, and then saved by the bell with 60-70 seconds to recover

Edit

I had it 5-3 after 8 to Usyk. Then Usyk won 9-12 inclusive

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Id have serious concerns about Fury's punch resistance after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭briany

I was referring to his career in general as opposed to just this fight, e.g taking Wilder's best punch and getting back up. But even in tonight's fight although he looked seriously rocked by that onslaught by Usyk, he didn't go down, and that couldn't be said of every boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

So much for my prediction, Usyk has tge heart of a lion. Why did the ref step in and give Fury a count, he didn't go down. I thought either ref should stop the fight or allow Usyk to continue the punishment.

He didn’t go down because the ropes saved him, and also, he wasn’t being hit by a real puncher.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

the corner kept him up a count was the correct decision

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭squinn2912

aw what a fight lads Usyk is an absolute hero!! Fury hadn’t much belief and showed it from the start. Very bad form calling the result cos of the war in Ukraine.
    Usyk, what a guy. All Time Great

• Advertisement

Exactly. Fury fought like the guy 30 lbs lighter and 5 inches shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭GHendrix

I wasn’t a fan of Fury’s tactics last night. I was surprised he fought on the back foot, didn’t clinch more etc. Maybe the conditioning is getting too hard.

I do think Fury is a fighter in decline. He’s still great but he hasn’t exactly looked after himself over the years and that will hurt him more as he ages.

He should take the rematch but be more aggressive and keep moving forward and he might have more success. If he loses the rematch, probably best to call it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Furys tactics where fine, he was never going to chase Usyk

Usyk was having the harder evening up till round 9, Yes Usyk had won round but Fury was having more success than anyone had at heavy weight & had really hurt him a few time

Then the big **** changed the fight , I'll have to watch it again but was it a case of Fury being lazy that got him caught with that punch he wad standing square ,

Good fight rematch tactics will be interesting

You were never gonna score it for Usyk unless he hammered Fury. Seriously, take off the rose-tinted gypsy king glasses.

Usyk was on front-foot all night making the fight and bringing the fight to Fury. He even said what he’d do. “Not going to leave you alone,” and he didn’t leave him alone.

Usyk won 8-9 rds on desire, punching, and will to win

He also had Fury practically gone in rd 9. And in the most important rounds, the championship rounds, he poured it on.

“No man born from his mother” beats me.. so satisfying that loss after listening to that gick

rose tinted glasses? You are the one scoring a tight split decision 117-110 are you not?

117-10… no issue it being closer than this, due to some difficult to score rds; but overall no way Fury won that. And many many people saying same. Many disagree that it could be even close to split

Fury lost, and then whinged after it. And for the behaviour at weigh in and immediately after (effing and blinding Usyk), I’m delighted he lost.

Lost to a “blown up middleweight.” Brilliant

closer than that? That scoring is way off, so no point in you talking about fury bias when your anti fury bias allowed you produce that 😂

The official judges are what's important not the internet brigade, fury lost but as I said before the cards it was either a draw or a very tight split decision, the 10-8 won the fight, without that usyk loses.

You read way too much into what fury says, he doesn't know himself what he is spouting half the time, at the end he was a decent sport and congratulated usyk you take the pre fight guff as real.

What scoring is way off? 9 rds to 3 I scored it Usyk, with a 10-8. No problem 116-111 or 115-112, as some tight rds. Tight rds for me were deserved by the man pushing the fight.. it’s not rocket science, Cyrus

Maybe you don’t realize, but vast majority folks scored for Usyk. Likely by scores similar to above, unless you want to dispute that?

you’re just sick he lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭reclose

Great fight. Really intriguing watch.
    After the first 3 rounds I was thinking Usyk has this. Then Fury adjusted and it was looking like he was about to dominate the rest of the fight.
    Then Usyk got back into the fight.

I stopped scoring during the fight but it definitely felt like Usyk had won by a couple of rounds.

Can anyone suggest why Fury stopped with the tactics that turned the fight in his favour from rounds 4-6 approx.

Advertisement