Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Wilder didn’t look tired because of a lack of tank or fitness. Fury leaned on him and threw him around and also had him bamboozled. He didn’t know what to do with Fury. Joshua doesn’t have the assets too. Drain him like that. He doesn’t have the speed to keep away from him and he doesn’t have the footwork or handspeed to put it on him. He doesn’t trust his own tank.

He doesn’t finish good fighters early. He might swing for the ditches and land but I can’t see that. I think Wilder stings him with the jab in Round 2 and finishes it in Round 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Skills challenge said the stadium won’t be ready until the first quarter of next year so December is off the cards

but hey Chisora is fighting on

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,635 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I could have wrote all this myself , perfect break down ,

I just think it'll be round 4 or 5 , In my head AJ will be super tentative & try keep out of range early but will take a few hard shots in the process & himself & his corner will try become more aggressive in 4 or 5 & then Wilder will let off a bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 55,039 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder looked spent in fight 3 even before all the rag dolling and Fury physicality..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭bmc58

Who knows with Heavyweight boxing at the moment.It's all about the money and the pay per view.Being the Undisputed Champion of the World means little nowdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭bmc58

Huge compliment thank you! Yea I can see how your scenario could play out. I think it will look even enough but when it comes to who is more able to get the bomb off thats Wilder all day long for me. 3-6 is the kinda timing I’d be thinking but even if the fight were to go later (seems very unlikely to me) I still think when the pace slows he gets a swing in.

Well Fury tagged him very hard at the end of Round 2 (if it wasn’t 1) and then his gameplan was in tatters. He knew he probably didn’t have the ability to deal with Fury and so the nervous energy was another huge drain. With Joshua I think he’ll fancy the fu*k outta that. If it comes down to gas tank he’s a clear winner for me. I’ve said what I think Joshua can do to get the best chance of winning but I don’t think he will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I remember Glenn McCrory saying that Wilder hits harder than a prime Mike Tyson.

I actually find that disgusting and offensive myself.

Wilder might generate more one-shot power, but Mike a far deadlier puncher.

Gents, why would it take Wilder 5-6 rds to tag AJ clean? If it’s a KO win for Wilder, best bet is within 2-3 rds.

• Advertisement

Yep that’s why I’ve picked Round 3. Hard to know exactly when he will get through who’d have ever thought Szpilka would take so long or Helenius would be so quick?

On another note what the hell would Glenn McCrory know about how hard either of them hits?

Glen sparred many rds with Tyson, but not sure he sparred Wilder

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Manc-Red_

I agree totally that AJ could be on that canvas by 3 but the back of me says that it could go maybe half way when AJ starts gulping on air, throwing some big shots at Wilder & ultimately getting sparked out in the process.

No matter what though I don’t foresee AJ winning that on either a stoppage or a way-out odds points victory.

Reality to a deluded person usually comes from a bomb being thrown by someone that is in a squad. I hope they make the fight but nothing now in that division is a certainty of it happening.

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

Because's Wilder is a one trick pony.

I don't think it's inconceivable for Joshua to avoid Wilder's overhand right for 5-6 rounds. Joshua's issue is his offensive output, defensively he has been more cautious than necessary since the first Ruiz fight. Joshua is a much cleverer boxer than Wilder and wily enough to keep away from that overhand right.

I definitely think Wilder gets him but I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Joshua was still there after 5-6 rounds.

Neither are triathletes but the longer the fight goes on the Wilder haymaker becomes all the more dangerous.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Guys did I see you lot down at the BOI ATM today ????

My thoughts are that AJ stays out the outside of range early & is on his bike,

Wilder will tee him up hit him with a few good shots but hold off on that bomb , he also won't close the distance as quick a he can to set AJ up , AJ will get a little more confident & feel content & then bang lights off, , Something like the second Ortiz fight,

Just for some variation how do you lads think Dave Allen will do against Fraser Clarke? For me I’d be surprised if Allen doesn’t get stopped. Would love him to win but hard to see it happening.

Yep....this sounds possible, no doubt. I just hope AJ manages to detonate a big bomb on Wilder to take him out first. End Wilder's career

I rarely have a preferred winner & with these i haven connection to either & both wouldn't be my cup of tea,

From a neutral perspective i just see Wilder getting there first but who knows,m

If Allen doesn't get dominated/stopped then Clarke needs to think about where he's heading!

• Advertisement

I always enjoy listening to Dominic Ingle as he has no skin in the game he can just be honest

I dont think he’s heading anywhere either way but yea I’d agree with that. Something of a payday for Allen considering he is stepping in to save Clarke from Wardley. He’ll move on to fight someone like Gorman or Lartey if hes still about before eventually he steps up and the bubble is burst. I think Wardley is a better bet but much too rash and takes far too many hits. Think he’ll get eaten down the line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

AJ won't engage for fear of getting tagged.

Frank Warren saying Fury ruined Wilder. He certainly took some miles off his clock, but as long as Wilder can shoot that heavy right hand, he’s dangerous.

It makes sense for him to say that because if Aj does beat him then it belittles the win a bit

wilder did kind of lose his marbles dealing with fury before and during the fights but he got well paid and his daughters medical bills won’t be a worry for him any longer so that’s good

Yes. Warren trying to diminish any AJ win should it happen

All the promoters are at it, it’s all a big game for them and getting themselves on social media for clicks raises their profile too which is good for business

Warren is keeping Fury relevant and I guess he’s taking anything from Joshua but I’d wager hes not too worried about Joshua he’s already diminished himself with his losses and performances. What he said is right. 2 very hard stoppages for an undefeated fearsome puncher of course will take the gloss of a fighter, particularly at HW.

Didn’t see much from that Ingle interview but agree with the point that Joshua showed nothing to get excited about. Ingle can be very scatty on detail. Talking about Manny Steward training Fury for fights etc

Warren is correct, and it's some of the reasoning why I believe AJ has a better chance now than if he met Wilder pre-Fury. Wilder is that bit slower, that bit less explosive etc. This allows AJ some chance to read, anticipate and counter any attacks from Wilder

AJ and Wilder are both past their best days......but both can still KO if they land proper hard.....how they get that KO shot(s) in is where debate is....

• Advertisement

his point about furys trainers was in relation to the interviewer asking if aj can change styles like fury has

I think that ship has sailed for Aj, a fighter either has it in his arsenal or he doesn’t, listening to Aj between rounds he doesn’t seem to have a high boxing iq

johnny Nelson reckons Aj needs to keep wilder away with a jab for a few rounds tk let wilder get tired, that’s a mental idea in my opinion because wilder will move quick with his feet and swing fast and hard and it’s all over

Advertisement