Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I don't think they will force the immediate rematch. Another loss would finish him and Usyk has his number.

I can see him going another direction and fighting Fury or wilder next or maybe Usyk will have to drop a portion of his title and AJ will be there to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,106 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Aj’s eye was fine in the press conference, Hearn even asked him in the ring after the bell and he said it was okay

i think Hearn was trying to make an excuse to spin the loss

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 55,082 ✭✭✭✭walshb

But Fury and Wilder pose big loss threats. At least equal to another Usyk loss

We’re half way to the two upsets…

Be delighted if Wilder gets the job done as well.

AJ and Fury both taught lessons!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,244 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Corner done a good job on his eye.

Looked bad at the end of whatever round it was and looked ok coming out for the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The points decision was so wide and AJ so far off troubling Usyk that an immediate rematch makes no sense.

AJ needs to change his approach, maybe even ditch McCracken. He's not going to out-box or out-move Usyk, and he can't hide behind his jab as he did in Ruiz II.

He needs to lean into his advantages, his size and his power, and rebuild his confidence with a stoppage or two against some plodders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Wilder talks about killing people in the ring and you favor him over fury and all his stupid excuses last time, your dislike of fury has clouded your judgment many times so im a bit nervous that you are predicting a fury win.

Guys, he lost. Let’s not make out this was a Larry Holmes-Tex Cobb style beat down. Plenty parts the fight where both men nip and tuck and very competitive. Usyk simply had more to him and won more rounds.

He did not bash AJ from pillar to post

There should be no issue from team AJ getting back in spring 2022. It’s not like either man has plenty time and plenty improvement in them.

Usyk absolutely could beat AJ again, but it’s not at all inconceivable to think AJ could perform a deal better in the rematch.

He was very poor last night. I reckon highly unlikely he is that poor in a rematch

I’m backing Fury. As in I think he wins. I dislike both of them.

first time in 5 fights. Time for others to put their money on Wilder.

btw, relax. It’s only a boxing match. You’re reading far too much into a simple prediction of mine

yes i know your not supporting him, worried that you have finally came around though. Last night should focus fury though. Goes on beats usyk and retires undefeated-legend.

• Advertisement

Why you worried that I have finally come around? I always rated Fury top 3. I just thought Wilder and AJ would beat him. I was wrong on Wilder. It’s 1-0-1 to Fury on that score.

0-0 Fury and AJ

You always back against fury in big fights, hence im worried now that your incorrect prediction streak will continue.

Okey doke..

yes. 0-4 on Fury bets.

This Wilder fight of course, a big danger, but I think Fury might mug him early, swamp him, drown him and close the show round 5…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

And part two of walshb one two a dig at BJS

Consistency is impressive

knew you’d be in

you’re like Billy and Tyson’s guardian angel!😅

The Ali that beat Liston, lost to Frazier fight, beat Foreman wins clear UD against Usyk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Usyk didn’t catch Joshua like Ruiz did he outdid him in every department and absolutely took over in the last four rounds. That’s gonna be hard to recover from. I agree, Joshua can’t be as bad as that again. This was sorta waiting to happen - in the Pulev fight he had no energy and it took a lot out of him putting away washed up fair fighter. When Wlad beat him he did it at the dead of his leisure and could’ve gone on and on. Joshua needed a breather so it’s as well Pulev was on his hole. Adjusting to beat Usyk in a rematch is a simpler task but it takes real courage and that could be where he’s found wanting.

I think he needs to fight like he’s a bit more desperate. Maybe that’s a poor word but urgent at least. Right now he’s in a shell since Ruiz spooked him

What he needs is a Fury wilder 2 performance, total reimagination of him as a fighter, he has the tools but I reckon he needs a whole new team and start again.

• Advertisement

Yes. A whole new belief he needs

He was gunshy last night. Something Frank Warren said. It was all peck and pokes and non commital. Weird..

Strangest for me was him holding on for dear life in the clinch. Wtf was he afraid of?

Needs stern words and action: “AJ, it’s fooking HW boxing.”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Furys response is warrented in my opinion because Wilder has said multiple times he was to actually kill Fury & wants his body on his record & wants to pay revenge in "blood" meaning killing him

So saying u better have trained hard because your life depends on it is not just bravado talk,.

Iv said before a fighter saying that, **** should be banned in sport

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Wilder is so hard to predict because it still takes just takes one from him to end it but i think Fury in about 9 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Yep I agree lads. Start by getting rid of the back room team they are dung. Any time he’s been up against it they’ve done nothing to help him. Contrast that to the passion of Enzo Calz in the corner. When they needed to light a fire under his ass they tried to calm him down. Shocking. They’re all afraid to step out of line and give him the jolt he needs and that’s why he’s fighting with no zap. Nobody will give him the stern words.

The hanging on in the clinch was very surprising. It should have been the other way around. When I saw Usyk bleeding I thought it might spur Joshua on but it was after that that he completely hid. So much for that nauseating advert where he declares himself ‘the hunter’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭passatman86

AJ just doesn't come across as a boxer that lives eats sleeps the sport. Hes very good of course but looks like he could be so much better. I think Tyson Fury believes every word he says himself, and self belief can be hard bet - when wilder floored him and he got back up that sh1t was like the bad guy t-1000 in terminator 2 that wouldn't fxxk off and die.

Dillian Whyte summed it up perfectly - AJ was hurting Usyk but didnt follow it up immediately. Like AJ was holding back and trying to box too much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Does he need to change trainers before doing so ?

Even the dogs on the street could see what was unfolding last night, but the corner were too feckless to change anything ?

Change trainers? Possibly. Change attitude and mindset? Definitely

But biggest change is AJ himself…that’s the ? mark…

Trainers can only do so much......they can't force AJ to show spite, desire, fire and killer instinct...

But they can guide, inspire, encourage, and instill a belief, that can then lead to a better performer.

Tactics were all over the place last night, and to add to this cock up, the chap had no fire, zip or enthusiasm. He was half a fooking sleep at times...not a sniff of a plan B from his team....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

350 amateur fights really stood to Usyk last night as well I feel...

discipline, toughness and fitness.

this guy could for 20 rounds.

• Advertisement

Yes. Great attitude. Fit as fook, and so disciplined.

Advertisement