Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitbit Charge - Advice

Options
  • 19-07-2017 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

So that band around the charging point of my Fitbit Charge HR has started to come loose. Happened this morning when I unplugged it.

For those of you who have this. Has this happened to yours at all and if so what would be the best fix?

Out of warranty so can't send it back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, happened to mine, but it was in warranty. Fitbit offered a replacement or 50% off any new fitbit. I went for the latter.

Even though you're out of warranty, you have nothing to lose by reporting it to them. You might get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, happened to mine, but it was in warranty. Fitbit offered a replacement or 50% off any new fitbit. I went for the latter.

Even though you're out of warranty, you have nothing to lose by reporting it to them. You might get lucky.

My other issue is that I brought it off eBay as a refurbished model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

siobhan08 wrote: »
    My other issue is that I brought it off eBay as a refurbished model

Still no harm in trying your luck. I've had to have my Fitbit replaced twice, and they are very good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Get on to them anyways. You've nothing to lose and their customer service is fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Got mine replaced after over a year. I don't know how long yours has been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This happened to me in June. I sent them a picture and with no problems at all they offered to replace it like for like for free or 50% off any other model. I went for the 50% as it was my birthday coming up and my parents bought me the Charge 2 for €80. Fitbit's customer service is brilliant to be honest.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Same happened my husband and he'd been given his by my Mum because she didn't like it. He got on to customer care and they sent a replacement.

Thanks guys. What kind of proof of purchase etc did they ask for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

None, IIRC. You just log the support ticket using the email on your fitbit account and they can see what device(s) you have registered. If it's your email and your device is registered to it, then it's clearly your device.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They do ask for it. I sent my argos reservation email and that was fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

I wasn't asked for one either.

I wasn't either. I got mine in Curry's and that receipt was well gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I was asked with both of my repairs. The first Fitbit was a present, so told them that and that it had been bought from Lifestyle sports in Dublin (which it was) and that was fine. The second one was a replacement of the replacement and when I explained that, they were happy with it adn didn't look for anything further

I told them straight up that I bought it around October/November time 2015. There is a two year warranty on Fitbit's though.

Hi guys,

Just an update. I got on to Fitbit and although the warrentary on my Charge HR was out by 13 days. They have offered me 50% a new one on a replacement.

Completely agreed with you their customer care was a pleasure to deal with.

Thank you for your advice.

Advertisement