Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He was great in Scarface

he wasn't in scarface. are you thinking of Carlitos Way?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yup my mistake post edited

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Helen McRory of Peaky Blinders and many many more passed away, cancer.

Her husband Damian Lewis just tweeted it.

Terrible.

https://twitter.com/lewis_damian/status/1383081853914128388

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's awful. She was great in everything I've seen her in. **** cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I was relatively unfamiliar with Helen until Penny Dreadful. She was such a joy in that show.

What a sad loss for the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Birneybau wrote:

Birneybau wrote:

She was a force of nature in Peaky Blinders. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Shocked to read of her passing. Was watching a bit of The Queen at lunch in which she played Cherie Blair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cazale wrote: »
    She was a force of nature in Peaky Blinders. RIP.

She was unreal in PB

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Birneybau wrote: »

Terrible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lewis_damian/status/1383081853914128388

RIP

Polly was both terrifying and loving in PB

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gorgeous woman, really engaging actress. Far too young. RIP.

• Advertisement

Felix Silla, who played Twiki in Buck Rogers and Cousin Itt in The Addams Family has died from pancreatic cancer aged 84.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Felix Silla, who played Twiki in Buck Rogers and Cousin Itt in The Addams Family has died from pancreatic cancer aged 84.

"biddi-biddi-biddi-biddi... R.I.P"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Edwin Aguilar, longtime animator on The Simpsons, has died, aged 46. Cause of death was a stroke.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-04-13/edwin-aguilar-the-simpsons-animator-dies

He had a very prolific career, working on the Simpsons from 1999, up to this year. Also worked on films such as The Simpson's Movie, as well as Edge of Seventeen.

Alma Wahlberg mother of Mark and Donnie, all starred on the reality television series Wahlburgers has died

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Lovely tribute here from Sam Mendes on Helen McCrory. When he wanted someone not to be bossed on camera by Judi Dench in Skyfall he went with Helen.
    https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2021/apr/18/sam-mendes-pays-tribute-to-helen-mccrory
    This is a lovely piece;
    'When I was directing Uncle Vanya and Twelfth Night as my final productions as artistic director of the Donmar in 2002, I asked Helen to play the role of Sonya in Uncle Vanya. Word came back that she would love to have a chat about it. She strode into my office, sat on the sofa and immediately told me I had it all wrong. She told me she should be playing Yelena – the other young female role – and then proceeded to spend the next hour telling me exactly why. She left the room with the part. This has never happened to me before or since. All I can say by way of explanation is that it just felt inevitable. She was clearly already half way to giving a superb performance, I simply had to get out of the way and let her complete the job. Which, of course, she did – with utter brilliance.'

Former reality tv star Sunday Burquest has tragically passed away, aged 50.

The former star of TV series Survivor, has sadly passed away following a battle with cancer.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charles Beeson has died RIP

He was the director of many of our favorite shows over the last 20 years

EastEnders, Spooks, Inspector Morse, Kavanagh QC and Casualty. He has also worked on the American series Close to Home, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Mentalist, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Person of Interest, Fringe, Alcatraz and Revolution, "The Whispers", "Containment" and Timeless.

https://twitter.com/jumblejim/status/1386856815602769921?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Tom Hickey who played Benji Riordan has died.
    Great stage actor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Tom Hickey who played Benji Riordan has died.
    Great stage actor too.

I know he did more than just The Riordans, but Benjy kind of became part of Irish culture back in the day.

RIP

085_a33fb87b8e07d44a110e176bc2979e9982a29335.jpg

• Advertisement

Cole wrote: »
    I know he did more than just The Riordans, but Benjy kind of became part of Irish culture back in the day.

RIP

Starred in a series of adverts for club Orange as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Cole wrote: »

RIP

085_a33fb87b8e07d44a110e176bc2979e9982a29335.jpg

Absolutely. Huge impact in everything he did.
    Massive loss. RIP Tom

Nathan Jung has died aged 74 RIP.

Nathan Jung, best known for his portrayal of Genghis Khan in the original Star Trek series, died April 24 at age 74
    Jung began his acting career in 1969 with a role as Genghis Khan in “The Savage Curtain” episode of the original Star Trek.

From that launching pad, he went on to numerous guest shots on some of the biggest television shows of the 1970s and 1980s, including M*A*S*H*, Starsky & Hutch, CHiPs, General Hospital, Manimal, Riptide, Hunter, Sanford and Son, and Kung Fu.

In the 1990s, he had stints on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Martial Law and Burke’s Law.
    Jung also can claim to be one of the few actors who worked with both Bruce Lee and his son, Brandon Lee. Opposite Bruce, Jung appeared on a 1969 episode of Here Comes the Brides. With Brandon, Jung played a gunman in the 1992 movie Rapid Fire and appeared as the Bonsai Club manager in Showdown in Little Tokyo.

His other film credits include Kentucky Fried Movie, Big Trouble in Little China, Black Rain, American Yakuza, Beverly Hills Ninja, Darkman, The Shadow and Longshot. He also played Leslie Nielsen’s right-hand man in the 1993 comedy Surf Ninjas.

In his final role in 2016, Jung served as the narrator for Tau’s “Nathan Jung v. Bruce Lee,” a documentary short that recounts his meeting with Bruce Lee on Here Comes the Brides.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/nathan-jung-dies-star-trek-the-a-team-and-films-was-74-1234748409/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Marcel Stellman has died aged 96.

Best known for bringing the quiz show Countdown to the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/may/03/marcel-stellman-creator-of-daytime-tv-classic-countdown-dies-aged-96

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Nick Kamen passed away. Star of probably the most famous Levis ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Nick Kamen passed away. Star of probably the most famous Levis ad.

Didnt he have a brief musical career off the back of that ad? He must only have been around 50

RIP

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Didnt he have a brief musical career off the back of that ad? He must only have been around 50

Yeah, think he made a few albums. Collaborated with Madonna at one point, if memory serves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

haphaphap wrote: »
    Is that what they call it these days?

She wasn't his type I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sardonicat wrote: »

59 apparently.

Advertisement