Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    See this is why I'm iffy, someone can just boot you after a month and 45 quid gone.

From my experiences here, this is very rare, also, most people charge €30 a year for a spot in a family, not €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

See this is why I'm iffy, someone can just boot you after a month and 45 quid gone.

Anyone asking for €45 should be booted off here even.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Aquos76 wrote: »
    From my experiences here, this is very rare.

4 people just there has said it's happened to them.

4 people just there has said it's happened to them.

Yes, but its one person, they were all in the same family]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Yes, but its one person, they were all in the same family]

To add, we all had been in that family for 3 years too so it wasnt a case of a new group then booted out after a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Rotweiler wrote: »
    When you are on mobile, if Spotify detects different IP than original address they mark you and give you some time to use it I believe it was 7 days or so.
    This is why some of my family members got kicked and family disbanded.
    You can talk to spotify to fix it and re*invite them.

I just want to clarify for everyone who use others family plan here, doesn't matter if mine or not =)

The thing we do is against their ToS (We have to be living in the same household, I know its stupid but its their service) and when they determine from your device your location where it is not near to the address couple of times they might kick you or ban the account for good.

But fortunately their customer service is very helpful and personally I am not under intention to get your money or get away from here.

Spotify seem to contradict the above though - they say on their website:

"We ask members to verify their address:

When they join. If the address changes. If we can't confirm any info they've provided
    Note: We don’t track your location. We only check your address to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

It is a pure lie. Because this is what they say to us when we open tickets.
    My members time to time get kicked by spotify and I make them invite back.
    =)
    Also they track your IP history. This is a second way of them figuring out.

As long as your family provider is sound, you are good to go guys.
    One or couple of rotten apples does not change the overall. I have members since early March and we are grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MayoPat

Does this mean that Lucky charm can contact Spotify and ask them to reverse their decision ?

MayoPat wrote: »
    Does this mean that Lucky charm can contact Spotify and ask them to reverse their decision ?

Is this what actually happened thou? If that was the case, then he should still have the funds in his PayPal account to refund the 5 other members. I just assumed that ye had been removed from his family and none of ye were able to contact him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Is this what actually happened thou? If that was the case, then he should still have the funds in his PayPal account to refund the 5 other members. I just assumed that ye had been removed from his family and none of ye were able to contact him since.

Hi Aquos76 yes i emailed him on the email address he supplied to pay him through paypal and also pm on this and no reply from either . Some of other family members have said that they have done same and also no reply .

• Advertisement

Pity =(

I presume that he paid the sub up front so I doubt very much that he received a refund from Spotify.

Maybe also he desperately needs the money and if that is the case I would not begrudge him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ok I am going to set-up a new group now for the members who got kicked out. MayoPat & Pew are you in? Who else wants to join

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

ok I am going to set-up a new group now for the members who got kicked out. MayoPat & Pew are you in? Who else wants to join

Hi nabyladistheman can you put me down for one please
    Thanks

Me too please

Anyone who can not find a place, can message me as well.

I got 2 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Thanks for the offer however I ended up setting up my own family plan this morning as a few of my friends were interested in it and I just thought it easier.

Spotify seem to contradict the above though - they say on their website:

"We ask members to verify their address:

When they join. If the address changes. If we can't confirm any info they've provided
    Note: We don’t track your location. We only check your address to verify.
    It is a pure lie. Because this is what they say to us when we open tickets.
    My members time to time get kicked by spotify and I make them invite back.
    =)
    Also they track your IP history. This is a second way of them figuring out.

As long as your family provider is sound, you are good to go guys.
    One or couple of rotten apples does not change the overall. I have members since early March and we are grand :D

Not buying that tbh. Spotify are not some local corner shop and simply can't go around tracking location if they have legally confirmed they won't.

And IP history is absolutely not true. As a spotify user you could be using any service on your phone or any providers, vpn etc. and they could in no way "hold you" to your "home Ip address" (which is subject to change in any event).

Perhaps they are bluffing, but they are not tracking. That's my view anyway!

"Once verification of a family member's home address is completed, we do not store their location data or track their location at any time," a Spotify spokesperson said.

You can believe what you want to believe and despite your assumptions many of "us" have good knowledge of GDPR, Personal Data and how they are processed. Or maybe even work with them or close to them. Who knows...

Furthermore I did not share my assumptions, I did share with you what Spotify staff gave us as a reason of kicking out of the accounts. =)
    Feel free to argue with them and open a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I've checked my permissions on my Android phone. Spotify has no access to location.

• Advertisement

I am extremely having fun to see how simply you miss the point here and this will be my last post about this particular topic.

Explain me this:
    1)How does spotify send the user or the family owner an email if they detect a new login from a new location if they neither log IPs nor check map location?
    2) How does Spotify for Artist point out almost exactly your location if your geolocation is not used? How do they ****ing pay artists depending on your stream location rather than account location?
    3) Why was Spotify heavily criticized with their previous update about geolocation checking where it needed user intervention but now it has been removed (!) it only asks your address USING GOOGLE MAP API when you register or join a family?

Please go and check android forums, please go learn to read your phone's console please go get educated about the device you use and their capabilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I am extremely having fun to see how simply you miss the point here and this will be my last post about this particular topic.

Explain me this:
    1)How does spotify send the user or the family owner an email if they detect a new login from a new location if they neither log IPs nor check map location?
    2) How does Spotify for Artist point out almost exactly your location if your geolocation is not used? How do they ****ing pay artists depending on your stream location rather than account location?
    3) Why was Spotify heavily criticized with their previous update about geolocation checking where it needed user intervention but now it has been removed (!) it only asks your address USING GOOGLE MAP API when you register or join a family?

Please go and check android forums, please go learn to read your phone's console please go get educated about the device you use and their capabilities!

I know Spotify doesn't have access to location on my phone.

Maybe you, or some members of your 'family' don't know how to read their device consoles? Because your family seem to be the one having difficulty.

Explain me this:

Spotify official statement: "We do not store their location data or track their location at any time"

You think that they might not find themselves in very quick bother if it was as simple as you say that they send out emails when you change location? Can you post a copy of an official Spotify email showing that they have accessed your location so I can have a look, as I am genuinely surprised at this apparent contradiction, which would leave them with serious questions to answer. I'd be open to them knowing you moved country perhaps, if they saw that you accessed servers in another country (though still don't think they do), but certainly not moving around Ireland.

I don't know anything about Spotify Artist, but find it hard to believe they pay them differently if you're in Dublin rather than Wicklow.

Yes, they did mess with location previously, and got hammered for it. Now they've stopped, and certainly won't be caught tracking you in such a clumsy manner after making formal official statements that they don't track you. They'd be on the receiving end of all sorts of legal trouble.

We are setting up another Spotify Family tonight.
    Please let me know if you want to join.
    5 places

Revolut, yearly 30€.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Can I ask why this Revolt and not PayPal?

Because in the past people charged back even though it was F/F after long time. I had enough drama to find out who they were

Because in the past people charged back even though it was F/F after long time. I had enough drama to find out who they were

Strange, didn’t think there was any protection for a friends and family payment, one sent, they can’t issue a dispute on that payment

I did think the same lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

One space available in family Spotify ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

comput1 wrote: »
    One space available in family Spotify ;)

PM sent

Advertisement