Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/18 Preseason, European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Josh King with a brace and assist -away to San Marino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Delighted for Southgate.
    Kane (C)
    Winning goal should make him a cert for 3 Bonus as well. :)

A nice 9 pointer to start his double gameweek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Who do England play last? Will Kane be rested?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Matchday 17

Bolivia-Brazil: 0-0
    Coutinho played 66 min and was replaced by Willian. Gabriel Jesus played the full game. Fernandinho came in at the 82nd min.

Venezuela-Uruguay: 0-0
    Rondon played the full game.

Argentina-Peru: 0-0
    Sergio Romero & Nicolas Otamendi played the full game. Another CS for Otamendi :p!

Chile-Ecuador: 2-1 (Vargas, Sanchez - Ibarra)
    Sanchez played the full game and scored the late winning goal. Antonio Valencia played the full game too.

Colombia-Paraguay: 1-2 (Falcao - Cardozo, Sanabria)
    David Ospina & Davinson Sanchez played the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Epic reporting from Iroced Vickery there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kane scored a penalty.

I guess you're all on the soccer forum or... actually rather celebrating in the pubs :D but Bavies, Williams & Hennessey lost their CS to a McClean goal assisted by Hendrick :D.

I guess none of you really cared about THAT Bavies CS anyhow :p :pac:...

Siggy with a goal and assist continuing his good form for Iceland. Now please turn it into FPL points :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

iroced wrote: »
    I guess you're all on the soccer forum or... actually rather celebrating in the pubs :D but Bavies, Williams & Hennessey lost their CS to a McClean goal assisted by Hendrick :D.

I guess none of you really cared about THAT Bavies CS anyhow :p :pac:...

Duffy on for 3bps but McClean might match him winning goal is factored in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,165 ✭✭✭✭km79

I felt so dirty when bavies went down holding his head and my first thought was FPL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

iroced wrote:
    I guess none of you really cared about THAT Bavies CS anyhow ...

I honestly can't remember seeing him do anything of note in that match. Lucky for us he left his Spurs form in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    I felt so dirty when bavies went down holding his head and my first thought was FPL

And when we scored you thought no playoffs games for him too I bet! ;-)

km79 wrote: »

I shrieked in genuine fear for his well-being and more so its affect on his gametime in the next few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Any FPL players of note playing this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

PVA wrote: »

French players

Shaqiri

Belgian players

PVA wrote:

I've invited Cedric and Tom Carroll around for a game Monopoly, waiting to hear back from Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Xhaka for Switzerland too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Probably a 'no' for 2 points from TPT

Edit. That's scrabble, not Monopoly.
    I'll just go wash the egg off my face.

Hazard with a brace (one was a pen)

Lukaku goal

• Advertisement

Giroud scored the second goal in France 2-1 win over Belarus. In the end, that was the winning goal. His 28th for Les Bleus, 7th best scorer in our history. 6 goals away from matching 3rd place David Trezeguet.
    How glad am I for him :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

iroced wrote: »
    Giroud scored the second goal in France 2-1 win over Belarus. In the end, that was the winning goal. His 28th for Les Bleus, 7th best scorer in our history. 6 goals away from matching 3rd place David Trezeguet.
    How glad am I for him :)!

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liamalone wrote: »
    And?

Giroud is part of the game we discuss. Iroced is French and keeps us updated on all things French football.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Giroud is part of the game we discuss. Iroced is French and keeps us updated on all things French football.

And not just French. He does a lot of work on other updates for us which we appreciate!

Jesus with a brace

Not that amazing but Messi's hat-trick sends Argentina to the WC! Argentina were 6th before this game (so out of the qualifying positions) but a win was guaranteing them a qualifying spot. They got it quickly enough despite Ibarra first min goal.

But if you ask for drama, I'm gonna give you some epic drama! As always, South America qualifier is tight. Behind Brazil comfortably 10 pts ahead, and Uruguay already through, there were 5 teams in 2 pts from Chile 3rd to Paraguay 7th (Colombia 4th, Peru 5th, Argentina 6th).

With Paraguay failing to beat bottom of the table Venezuela at home, and Colombia winning away to Peru (and of course Argentina cruising ahead of Ecuador), Chile were securing the play-off spot despite losing away to already qualified Brazil. But Peru 76th min equaiizer sent Alexis Sanchez and his last 2 Copa America winner team-mates back home.

I'd say that Peru goal deseves Morales legendary comment :p!

Matchday 18

Paraguay-Venezuela: 0-1 (Herrera)
    Rondon played the full game.

Brazil-Chile: 3-0 (Paulinho, Jesus x2)
    Jesus played the full game and scored a brace. Coutinho played 87 min and was replaced by his 'Pool mate Firmino. Fernandinho came in at the 82th min and Willian at the 85th.
    Claudio Bravo & Alexis Sanchez played the full game.

Ecuador-Argentina: 1-3 (Ibarra - Messi x3)
    Antonio Valencia did not feature.
    Sergio Romero & Nicolas Otamendi played the full game.

Peru-Colombia: 1-1 (Guerrero - Rodriguez)
    Watford's André Carrillo played 62 min.
    David Ospina & Davinson Sanchez played the full game.

Uruguay-Bolivia: 4-2 (Caceres, Cavani, Suarez x2 - Silva og, Godin og)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

After playing 90 mins and the travel I wonder if Jesus will be up to starting for City at weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jesus will start up front. Pep rests players when he has options. He's their one striker. He'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Same team as at the weekend for City. Kun on the bench again. If he gets 20 minutes or so tonight I think he starts at home to Burnley. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Same team as at the weekend for City. Kun on the bench again. If he gets 20 minutes or so tonight I think he starts at home to Burnley. Thoughts?

It will be enough for me to not captain Jesus anyway.

Advertisement