Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to water

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Water John wrote: »
    There is also the question of, type of ground etc. Some don't perform too good.
    Fine if it works.
    A while since I did figures but to my memory, ground cost a lot more than 2K extra.

Just the pipe and the digging of it was the extra for us. I think 12k was the total cost. That was 2009. A neighbour put in the air to water at 9kish around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Reggie, you and I are farmers and a bit of digging and groundworks wouldn't bother either of us. In real full pricing terms, I think it would be more and the plant is dearer. Again I would have to check.
    Also remember, house builds now are a higher standard, using only about €500/year for space heating. What capital spend is worth getting €100 off that?

Worse with solar panels, which save about €170/year on hot water.

Advertisement