Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vatican alienates coeliacs and hipsters, trolls atheists by banning gluten free commu

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Samaris wrote: »
    "Pizza of Christ..."

Recipe never works for me. Great flavour, lovely rise on the dough, but just can't get it to transubstantiate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

robindch wrote: »
    Last place I lived, I spent a month or two building up a lovely starter - lobbed in grape skins plus water plus flour, cleaned it up, fed it, all looked lovely after around a month or so.

Then Popette dropped by for dinner one evening and f*cked it down the sink for me as "it looked rotten, whatever it was".

No jury would convict, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Many years ago my mother had what was oddly called a 'buttermilk plant' in a little jar which must have been some yeast based organism... its output was used for baking soda bread IIRC, which doesn't need yeast obviously so I think this thing was fed with milk and soured it and it could then be used as a substitute for buttermilk.

Anyway something went wrong after 2 or 3 weeks and that was the end of that and we never had one again.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,051 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, there was a mad fad for them in the 80s i think. I suppose people must still use them but like your mother I had one for a few weeks then didn't look after it properly and it faded away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Sounds like the beast that robindch was trying to reanimate, until the Popette euthanased it.
    Begone, ye vile unholy creature!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Akrasia wrote: »
    The vatican has issued a statement saying that communion hosts must maintain 'the confection of bread' and therefore hosts must contain at least some gluten.

The vatican say low gluten bread is acceptable and should be safe for coeliacs to consume

Coeliacs are upset because any amount of gluten is harmful to them.

But if the transubstantiation is successful why would coeliacs be concerned?
    I could understand vegetarians objecting but coeliacs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

kylith wrote: »
    Unleavened just means it has no raising agent like yeast or baking powder. What kind of god is it that can make a universe out of nothing but his say-so, but can't turn rice flour into flesh?

God can create the universe, but once he sets it going his capacity to influence things is limited - at least that's the impression you get from scripture. Certainly there's not much in the bible to suggest that he is omnipotent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

goose2005 wrote: »
    God can create the universe, but once he sets it going his capacity to influence things is limited - at least that's the impression you get from scripture. Certainly there's not much in the bible to suggest that he is omnipotent.

Donald Trump is POTUS. Its all gone floppy

Advertisement