Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accommodation Thread 2017

• 10-07-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I said I might as well get this started, in the next few days UCD are going to start allocating numbers by random selection to CAO students. Last year there was a thread similar to this where students posted where they were on the list, when they got the email and when they were given the opportunity to book accommodation in August. Many found the thread helpful as it outlined the process and people updated the thread with what was still available in each of the houses. Note that some people add which accommodation is the best to pick, but some of this was out dated or incorrect due to renovations and people staying in different houses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ucdstudent123

Does anyone know what accommodation is the best currently? Merville or Belgrove? I know there have been other threads on it but not sure if they refer to the old buildings or renovated. I mean as in which apartments are nicer or are they the same now?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ciara18

I'm around 1700 what would be the chances of getting Merville/Belgrove?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Got my email this morning and I'm number 1960 on the list. Hoping that I'll move further down the list after offers have been given out. I'd like to get Morville anyways so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Starlet98

Got places 1060 on the list do ye think I'll have much of a choice between the different places for accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Your number roughly halves after the CAO comes out so Starlet98 you will almost definitely get what you want, ciara18 you will probably have a good choice and ElmW13, you will almost definitely be offered accommodation as well, probably with the option of merville and belgrove. Last year people up to as far as 3000 got offered places. But I'm at almost 2900 so I don't have much faith!!! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 CH1123581321

Yeah I'm 2700 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Luciole

Does anyone know how many people applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cerande

Hi, I am an international student, and that too postgrad, so I think different rules apply to me. I know a lot of people who are on the waiting list even if they were international, so it's still not a guarantee to get on campus accommodation I guess. I was lucky to get Belgrove; I was offered a chance to pay the deposit and secure the place around one an half months ago.
    Is anyone in Belgrove House no. 33?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 em17

Does anyone know what accommodation is the best currently? Merville or Belgrove? I know there have been other threads on it but not sure if they refer to the old buildings or renovated. I mean as in which apartments are nicer or are they the same now?

Since they've been renovated there isn't a lot of difference. It kind of comes down to personal preference and then availability. Merville usually goes the quickest out of all the residencies. Belgrove is slightly more central and is closer to the arts building. Merville is closer to the Centra.
    By the looks of it, the differences aren't huge, so really it's up to you which you prefer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AdamsLucas

If I am number 2600, does that mean that I will get offered the expensive accomodation or nothing at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

I'm number 2826 on the waiting list so things aren't looking too promising. I'm wondering for off campus accommodation what area do first years usually stay in?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

I'm number 2826 on the waiting list so things aren't looking too promising. I'm wondering for off campus accommodation what area do first years usually stay in?
    I'm open to correction on this but I don't think there's any 'area' as such. All students are considered equal (except in terms of accommodation availability, where foreign and incoming students are given some preference).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 YUAND

I'm number 2,878 on the waiting list which has left me really unsure as to what to do to be honest. Is it remotely likely that I'll get on campus or should I start looking elsewhere? Where do I even look?

YUAND wrote: »
    I'm number 2,878 on the waiting list which has left me really unsure as to what to do to be honest. Is it remotely likely that I'll get on campus or should I start looking elsewhere? Where do I even look?

Don't take my word for it but I did read in the thread from last year that if you were under 3000 you had a chance, but it would only be the dear accommodation like roebuck castle I'd imagine, other than that there isn't much other than that apart from digs as it's very unlikely you'll find a landlord that will rent to you as a 1st year

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Malikhemming

Hi guys..I'm considering UCD as a college for next year and I was just wondering does any of yous know how much the on campus accommodation costs? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 phd

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

If we've accepted our CAO offer for UCD, are we meant to get an updated position on the accommodation list?

What time will they start giving out places?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

ciara18 wrote: »

9am, last year first year allocation didn't even fill up, I was 2800 originally and had a choice of 200 rooms across Gleno, Roebuck Halls/Castle and Blackrock. Your number will go down every hour till about 5pm. I got my offer the second day at 1pm when I was at number about 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brennan17

Just dropped 100 places to 2977 so I presume that the first offers have just gone out!

• Advertisement

Thanks! How do I see what my number is?

Thanks! How do I see what my number is?

Log in to your SISWEB account - use CAO number and date of birth (DDMMYY) as password.

Brennan17 wrote: »
    Log in to your SISWEB account - use CAO number and date of birth (DDMMYY) as password.

Thank you so much!

2868 now - it's like backing the 100/1 outsider in the Grand National and hoping that there are a lot of fallers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Consonata

2104 here, any idea when we actually get an offer, will it be today?

I've dropped approx. 300 places since half 12!

Consonata wrote: »
    2104 here, any idea when we actually get an offer, will it be today?

Looking at last year, my understanding is that they take 100 off the list every hour - make offers to those who are going to UCD and dump the others off the list. That seems to speed up on day 2.

My original number was 3085 so, with 1045 places on offer, I would need roughly 66% of those who originally applied to not have been offered UCD or not to take up the accommodation offer.

At 2104, you should, hopefully, get an offer sometime tomorrow - let us know!

I'm around 1300, what are the chances of being offered today do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clare Reilly

When you log in on sisweb, where do find the info for where you are on the list now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Clare Reilly

Thank you so much!

Where do you find your place on the list when in sisweb?

Advertisement