Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Gym Sandyford

Options
  • 07-07-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know what the annual membership fee is?

My son (16) wants to join Ben Dunne in Beacon or Raw in Sandyford and I said I'd sponsor the cost but I can't find info on membership cost on the Raw website.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

There sales fellas are fairly weird on pricing and try negotiate it with you... It's pretty awkward going through it. I pay €45 a month for the one in City Centre but I know loads pay less. They also charge a joining fee now, no idea why. Only reason I pay so much is that it's probably the best gym in town, not so sure about Sandyford, especially for a 16 year old. Ben Dunne more than likely will be far cheaper

This page is still live on their site though but I know you can't sign up through there, and have to go have the awkward sales patter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks Brian. Looks like it's a bit more expensive than BD but I'd say it's a better / more suitable set up for what my son wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thanks Brian. Looks like it's a bit more expensive than BD but I'd say it's a better / more suitable set up for what my son wants.

Haggle the hell out of it...joining fees are nonsense.

Raw in the City Centre for me is one of the best gyms in the country. I'm sure Sandyford is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Hi,

Does anyone know what the annual membership fee is?

My son (16) wants to join Ben Dunne in Beacon or Raw in Sandyford and I said I'd sponsor the cost but I can't find info on membership cost on the Raw website.

Cheers.
    Id go one further and book a one to one PT session for your kid if you can, its going to be more invaluable than buying the gym membership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Transform wrote: »
    Id go one further and book a one to one PT session for your kid if you can, its going to be more invaluable than buying the gym membership

His best mates sister is a PT so he (and his best mate) are getting a lot of PT from the PT as it happens. Personalised training programs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I renewed my membership in the City Centre gym about 2 months ago and the cost for the year was €365 (they're selling it on the basis that it's €1 per day). I can only assume Sandyford is the same because my City Centre membership gives me full access to the Sandyford gym.

Your best bet is to ring them or drop in and ask them. Feel free to mention the above price if they start quoting you something higher. I presume your son will be eligible for the student rate given that he is 16.

I renewed my membership in the City Centre gym about 2 months ago and the cost for the year was €365 (they're selling it on the basis that it's €1 per day). I can only assume Sandyford is the same because my City Centre membership gives me full access to the Sandyford gym.

Your best bet is to ring them or drop in and ask them. Feel free to mention the above price if they start quoting you something higher. I presume your son will be eligible for the student rate given that he is 16.

That's the price to renew but for new members they've brought in a joining fee. God knows why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

That's the price to renew but for new members they've brought in a joining fee. God knows why.
    mainly because they brought in ex westwood sales staff hence the unnecessary and completely of putting long conversation with a guy/gal on commission when all you want is to join the gym

Transform wrote: »
    mainly because they brought in ex westwood sales staff hence the unnecessary and completely of putting long conversation with a guy/gal on commission when all you want is to join the gym

The lad I was dealing with looked too young to be ex-anywhere staff!

I did quiz him on the value of the joining fee I wasn't being charged but I zoned out so I'm not sure what nonsense was said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Ah right, I see. That wasn't there years ago when I first joined.

Ah right, I see. That wasn't there years ago when I first joined.

Seems to only have come in in the last year.

The lad I was dealing with looked too young to be ex-anywhere staff!

I did quiz him on the value of the joining fee I wasn't being charged but I zoned out so I'm not sure what nonsense was said.

I know one of the guys was asked to mail across a brochure a while ago but said he was "out of pdf's"

Advertisement