Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Lego Exhibition in Castletown House, Celbridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,685 ✭✭✭✭ Sleepy

Took the kids down on Saturday. It's a private collection of Lego and Puzz3D sets. A seriously impressive collection for a single individual and some very cool sets (including a lovely "employee only" model Ole Kirk's House) but not really worth the trip or price of admission by itself...

As it was only an extra 7/8 euro we opted for the ticket that gets you a tour of the house too (€25), had a picnic in the gardens and let the kids run loose on the playground for a bit which made an afternoon of it.

If you're local (or within 30 minutes drive as we are) it could be worth a trip but I wouldn't make a long journey for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ brianomc

What's the cost to get in to it? I've recommended it to my sister but I don't want her getting her kids hopes up if it's going to be too pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,674 ✭✭✭✭ beauf

Wheres the playground in Castletown house. I was there last summer don't remember a playground.

brianomc wrote: »
    What's the cost to get in to it? I've recommended it to my sister but I don't want her getting her kids hopes up if it's going to be too pricey.

From the link in the OP:

Entry to House and Exhibitions
    16 March – 5 November
    10:00 – 18:00
    Adult €8
    Senior €5
    Student €3.50
    Child (12-17) €3.50
    Family €15

Entry to House and Exhibitions with Guided Tour
    16 March – 5 November
    Adult €10
    Senior €8
    Student €5
    Child (12-17) €5
    Family (2 Adult + 3 Children) €25

beauf wrote: »
    Wheres the playground in Castletown house. I was there last summer don't remember a playground.

It's a pretty small one, down a bit to the right of the front of the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement