Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lego Exhibition in Castletown House, Celbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Took the kids down on Saturday. It's a private collection of Lego and Puzz3D sets. A seriously impressive collection for a single individual and some very cool sets (including a lovely "employee only" model Ole Kirk's House) but not really worth the trip or price of admission by itself...

As it was only an extra 7/8 euro we opted for the ticket that gets you a tour of the house too (€25), had a picnic in the gardens and let the kids run loose on the playground for a bit which made an afternoon of it.

If you're local (or within 30 minutes drive as we are) it could be worth a trip but I wouldn't make a long journey for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

What's the cost to get in to it? I've recommended it to my sister but I don't want her getting her kids hopes up if it's going to be too pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Wheres the playground in Castletown house. I was there last summer don't remember a playground.

brianomc wrote: »
    What's the cost to get in to it? I've recommended it to my sister but I don't want her getting her kids hopes up if it's going to be too pricey.

From the link in the OP:

Entry to House and Exhibitions
    16 March – 5 November
    10:00 – 18:00
    Adult €8
    Senior €5
    Student €3.50
    Child (12-17) €3.50
    Family €15

Entry to House and Exhibitions with Guided Tour
    16 March – 5 November
    Adult €10
    Senior €8
    Student €5
    Child (12-17) €5
    Family (2 Adult + 3 Children) €25

beauf wrote: »
    Wheres the playground in Castletown house. I was there last summer don't remember a playground.

It's a pretty small one, down a bit to the right of the front of the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement