Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Trudeau

Options
  • 04-07-2017 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

What do people think of him? I know women seem to love him but to me he comes across as a smug fcuker. Preaching about climate change but then flies around in private planes. Seen footage of him in parliament where he wont answer questions directed at him. Heard from a mate in Canada that he's slowly losing popularity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Over-hyped, over-privileged, over-polished, soundbyte central. Fairly innocuous when you compare him to his US counter-part but I suppose so does Hitler...

Fairly punchable face if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

As current leader's go, I'd say he's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Spoilt brat leftist wanker tosspot who is contributing to the downfall of his country by encouraging multiculturalism and mass immigration and changing the law for people who want to be referred to or who identify as attack helicopters. Little Timmy is not an Apache model of attack helicopter and you called him a gob****e? You're going to the courts son.

He'll meet a politically disastrous end as the crap starts to pile up and Canada starts to see the same problems Europe is.

Also an argument for a lot of people not to vote.

"But he's so handsommmmeeeeeee" <-Sorcha, First year English in UCD.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

He has the most Facebook likes of any Canadian leader ever!!

He also casually decided he wasn't going to implement election promises, and he's a neoliberal shill.

But he's like, so handsome, and he makes all the right liberal poses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cina wrote: »
    As current leader's go, I'd say he's pretty good.

Canada though. If running a country was a videogame, Canada would be easy mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer his *NSYNC work over his solo offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

He promised the Canadians electoral reform and then backed out of it even though single transferable vote was recommended by his own commission and is widely backed in Canada. That alone makes him an undemocratic wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Spoilt brat leftist wanker tosspot who is contributing to the downfall of his country by encouraging multiculturalism and mass immigration and changing the law for people who want to be referred to or who identify as attack helicopters. Little Timmy is not an Apache model of attack helicopter and you called him a gob****e? You're going to the courts son.

He'll meet a politically disastrous end as the crap starts to pile up and Canada starts to see the same problems Europe is.

Looks like thats already happening over there. Seemingly the amount of illegals going over the border is rightly upsetting the locals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

Handsome? Really?!

I just googled him, and he looks like a sheep with birth defects...

Well, there's no accounting for tastes, as they say, but, eh, I wouldn't, anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Fine thing...looks younger than 45 too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

jojofizzio wrote: »
    ...looks younger than 45 too..

Yeah, actually, that's true - so, to correct myself, he looks like a lamb with birth defects :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Like Varadkar he appears to give a nod to being socially progressive but economically and fiscally is very conservative. He's still behind Trans Mountain pipeline, backs Trump's Keystone XL pipeline and with CETA will allow Candian companies to sue European governments outside of the normal court system. Himself and Leo are two neo-liberal peas in a pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I look younger than 45 too. Don't see me going on about it.

Sexist comment...how can we ever have equality of the sexes if we keep referring to each other as objects :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Game Face MCGee

Help!!!! wrote: »

Sexist comment...how can we ever have equality of the sexes if we keep referring to each other as objects :D
    ageist too, :) the liberals should be up in arms!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Millenials and social media wh0res love this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

To continue the lamb/sheep metaphor, this guy is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He, like Obama, isn't really left. A lot of his policies are smack bang in the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

ageist too, :) the liberals should be up in arms!!! :P

Should I just withdraw the post altogether??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

All evidence points to him being an insufferable ass hat.

• Advertisement

Bit of a dilemma. I disagree with his politics, but the incels despise him, so that makes me like him quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd have to go out drinking with him to gauge an accurate assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

He is hot. and young just like Vlad and Macron.

So what. Canada can be a strange enough place. Did you hear about the parents who refused to assign a sex to their child for a health card. Kid is U (Unidentified, unreal, un what?) and that is accepted. Nice country.

The parents can obviously decide this for their child. chills......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

He's not a "leftist", he's leader of the Liberal party. There is no such thing as leftist, he's a liberal.

Canada had always been multicultural and has thrived. Canada has also always welcomed immigration on a large scale. It's a big country with huge natural resources and no one really living in it.

Trudeau is grand. A professional politician who do relatively decent stuff compared to predecessor Harper.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Like Varadkar he appears to give a nod to being socially progressive but economically and fiscally is very conservative. He's still behind Trans Mountain pipeline, backs Trump's Keystone XL pipeline and with CETA will allow Candian companies to sue European governments outside of the normal court system. Himself and Leo are two neo-liberal peas in a pod.

Shock horror. That's what a liberal is. He's not even a neo liberal.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm not seeing the 'so handsome' thing myself to be honest. Saw photos online today of Trudeau and Varadkar meeting and personally I think Leo Varadkar is a much more attractive looking man.

He is hot. and young just like Vlad and Macron.

So what. Canada can be a strange enough place. Did you hear about the parents who refused to assign a sex to their child for a health card. Kid is U (Unidentified, unreal, un what?) and that is accepted. Nice country.

The parents can obviously decide this for their child. chills......

Not too sure what to make of this...child abuse? child neglect? brainwashing?

Brian? wrote: »
    He's not a "leftist", he's leader of the Liberal party. There is no such thing as leftist, he's a liberal.

Canada had always been multicultural and has thrived. Canada has also always welcomed immigration on a large scale. It's a big country with huge natural resources and no one really living in it.

Trudeau is grand. A professional politician who do relatively decent stuff compared to predecessor Harper.

Yeah & now the locals & Sikhs are complaining about the introduction of Islam into schools. They just passed M 103 which is pretty much an anti Islamaphobia law when there was already a law for blasphemy. Canada is slowly getting turned to favour Islam. There are many people who went to Canada to get away from radicalised Muslims but see them now being welcomed with open arms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Not too sure what to make of this...child abuse? child neglect? brainwashing?

Let's go with pure evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

twill wrote: »
    He has the most Facebook likes of any Canadian leader ever!!

Can you remind us again when facefook came into being ?
    And what is the age profile, nay what is the average IQ, of most of the people posting on it ?
    brevity wrote: »
    To continue the lamb/sheep metaphor, this guy is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He, like Obama, isn't really left. A lot of his policies are smack bang in the center.

Too many references to animals in that post for my liking.
    Bit of a dilemma. I disagree with his politics, but the incels despise him, so that makes me like him quite a lot.

Well hello there.

BTW WTF are "incels" ?

For some unknown reason I have recently reached the conclusion anything you like or are into is definitely not for me. ;)

Advertisement