Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuts: Where can you get them cheap in Dublin ?

Options
  • 03-07-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Where can you buy Brazil nuts, Walnuts etc cheaply in Dublin ?
    I am guessing some Asian stores might do them cheaply, however any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭the14thwarrior

in a shop
    hope this advice is useful

oh, if one shop is dearer than the other, you might want to change shops. just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Have you tried Lidl?

They stock hazelnuts pecans, walnuts, cashews for about €2.50-3 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some asian shops are cheap, the ones near me are not as cheap any more, city centre ones with more competition tend to be dearer.

Look in the baking sections in supermarkets, if nuts are roasted and/or salted VAT is 23%, if there is no salt or roasting they are regarded as ingredients rather than snacks and so are zero VAT. However even then it can be cheaper to buy salted ones. If you want them in bulk I would try asking a local independent health shop if they can get them in special in big bags. Holland & barrett sometimes have good prices if sales are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭NinetyForNone

I noticed a lack of Brazil Nuts in a few lidls/tescos recently.
    There was a very poor harvest apparently.
    any else notice a shortage?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭the14thwarrior

this thread is nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

this thread is nuts

No, your nuts.

To the OP, I find the price of nuts vary all the time in all the major supermarkets over the last few years but the one that seems to me to be consistently the cheapest is ALDI, not LIDL.

Tesco recently to be competitive have reduced their prices significantly on some of their nut products. I think you can now get a 250g bag of hazelnuts for 2 euro ish. I think walnuts, my favorite as they are not so hard, are 1.80 for a 250g bag in ALDI.

I don't think there is any India shop or other private shop that sells them any cheaper than those sorts of prices, not that I have every come across anyway.

Advertisement