Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming back from illness

Options
  • 29-06-2017 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am just looking for advice and if anyone has had similar experiences. I was diagnosed with pneumonia last week & spent a couple of days in hospital; I am now home, taking it easy and taking antibiotics etc. I currently don't feel at all like exercising but I was wondering how people who may have had something similar in the past eased themselves back into it? Before I got ill I was swimming regularly (three to four times a week, 3-4km per session) and doing some running, the odd HIIT session with light weights, etc. I think I was in pretty good shape and I'm hoping that will stand to me in my recovery - certainly the doc thought being a fit & healthy young person will mean I bounce back quickly.

Did people start taking walks or similar? I think it does help as I can feel my lungs expanding properly, even if it often prompts a cough, but I am aware of overdoing it.

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Take 4 weeks off. Just walk.

I had walking pneumonia. I kept playing football through it and went to the gym also. It was dumb and really just prolonged my recovery and I felt like crap for ages. If it happened again it take it handy for a month.
    Took about 12 weeks for my chest to fully clear

Advertisement