Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accurate weighing scales

Options
  • 27-06-2017 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Working on loosing some weight at the minute, I had previously gone to slimming world classes but can't afford the cost as I am on a limited income. I'm tipping away and finding it grand but the one thing I miss is the weigh ins. I find my bathroom scales can vary wildly at times, the slimming world ones were always accurate enough, this is a bit of a pain cause even the smallest losses can really motivate. I paid a tenner for the scales in Aldi. I wouldn't mind buying a new set if they came recommended but would worry that I would have the same result. Was thinking about going into a pharmacy and getting weighed their weekly but had some anecdotal evidence that they can vary wildly too. Any tips on how to get the correct weight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Simple sollution. Position the scales in an area and don't move it. Flat level surface. Don't move it. Also weigh yourself almost naked (wearing boxers/knickers) the scale may or may not be 100% accurate but having it stationary in one position will give you an indication of whether you are losing weight or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Simple sollution. Position the scales in an area and don't move it. Flat level surface. Don't move it. Also weigh yourself almost naked (wearing boxers/knickers) the scale may or may not be 100% accurate but having it stationary in one position will give you an indication of whether you are losing weight or not.

Bathroom is tiny so can't have the scales sitting out all the time. But I will pick a specific tile t set them on maybe and use that one all the time, cheers, appreciate the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What makes you think your scales are inaccurate?

Zillah wrote: »
    What makes you think your scales are inaccurate?

Cause I could step on them three times in one minute and get three different results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Cause I could step on them three times in one minute and get three different results.

Suggests uneven surface. You need to place it somewhere that's dead even and use the same place every time. I got my scales in Argos for €7 and it's perfect. Every once in a while, I put a 5kg kettlebell on it to make sure and it's always right since I started putting it on a bathroom tile rather than the wooden floor.

• Advertisement

Suggests uneven surface. You need to place it somewhere that's dead even and use the same place every time. I got my scales in Argos for €7 and it's perfect. Every once in a while, I put a 5kg kettlebell on it to make sure and it's always right since I started putting it on a bathroom tile rather than the wooden floor.

Putting it on bathroom tile as well, the rest of the house is soft wood floors or carpet so have no where else to put it. Will try putting something I know the weight of on it like you did and see what I get from it. Cheers.

Advertisement