Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When a bottle of wine has gone bad and you try to bring it back

• 25-06-2017 10:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

It happened to me tonight. Bought a bottle on the way home from work in centra . First sip you could tell it was right off . Tasted like vinegar . The cork was quite brittle as well which is always a bad sign. Anyway went into the shop with wine and the receipt explaining I had bought this a few hours ago and it was off. They looked at me like I had 2 heads with a face on them saying "gone bad" They who probably don't drink wine and know nothing about it couldn't believe a bottle of wine could go bad. It pissed me off so I said to him , ah yea there is such thing as a bottle of wine going bad. It hasn't happened to me very often but a similar thing happened to me in Aldi last year . Why are people so friggin ignorant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

Did they give you a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've only had corked or spoiled wines a handful of times, and each time I was able to return without issues. I remember O'Briens being particularly good. There probably is a huge difference between returning to a corner store and returning to a wine shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cjonesy1 wrote: »
    Did they give you a refund?

Yes, a vital part of the story is missing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Assbook wrote:
    It happened to me tonight. Bought a bottle on the way home from work in centra . First sip you could tell it was right off . Tasted like vinegar . The cork was quite brittle as well which is always a bad sign. Anyway went into the shop with wine and the receipt explaining I had bought this a few hours ago and it was off. They looked at me like I had 2 heads with a face on them saying "gone bad" They who probably don't drink wine and know nothing about it couldn't believe a bottle of wine could go bad. It pissed me off so I said to him , ah yea there is such thing as a bottle of wine going bad. It hasn't happened to me very often but a similar thing happened to me in Aldi last year . Why are people so friggin ignorant

It's ignorant to assume everyone drinks/knows wine to be fair. I wouldn't know the first thing about the stuff so wouldn't know any better myself. If you had gone to an offlicence and gotten that reaction you might have grounds to argue, but a centra? They're never going to be wine connoisseurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dbagman wrote: »
    It's ignorant to assume everyone drinks/knows wine to be fair. I wouldn't know the first thing about the stuff so wouldn't know any better myself. If you had gone to an offlicence and gotten that reaction you might have grounds to argue, but a centra? They're never going to be wine connoisseurs.

Yeah, but they are retailers. If a customer brings back a product saying that there is something wrong with it, then unless you know your stuff you shouldn't argue the fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This might be useful to show that it does happen. Skip to 1:15 where the guest explains it to Basil ....

Advertisement