Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Boyne Valley - Sept 10th 2017

Options
2»

Comments

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Registered this evening.
    If the set up was anything to go by, this will be a great day tomorrow.
    All the volunteers were in matching T-shirts and the whole thing was very professional, the personification of efficiency

Some set up is right. Felt like a pro signing on :D

Had the wee one with me so drove over only 3 but is bike mad, didn't catch the lads name I was chatting to for a while but he let her sit up on the top bar of his bike as we chatted. Made her day couldn't wait to get home to tell mammy about being on the big bike :)

Great atmosphere there in general , hope the weather isn't as bad as today those showers were nasty, I'll be arriving prepared tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

One of the best organised sportives I've ever been on , no comparison to the mess last year.
    Hats off to the Drogheda Wheelers cycling club who took on the marshalling role today they really did a superb job even sacrificing a chance to cycle in it I believe .
    Tough route in very testing conditions but faultless with regard to registration, marshalling , foodstops and the reception on return with hot food and teas/coffee was excellent. Well done all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

moonshadow wrote: »
    One of the best organised sportives I've ever been on , no comparison to the mess last year.
    Hats off to the Drogheda Wheelers cycling club who took on the marshalling role today they really did a superb job even sacrificing a chance to cycle in it I believe .
    Tough route in very testing conditions but faultless with regard to registration, marshalling , foodstops and the reception on return with hot food and teas/coffee was excellent. Well done all!

Ditto.
    The muffin, after my curry, was a nice bonus.
    Great tough day on the bike.
    I sincerely hope that Drogheda Wheelers promote this event again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭wav1

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Ditto.
    The muffin, after my curry, was a nice bonus.
    Great tough day on the bike.
    I sincerely hope that Drogheda Wheelers promote this event again next year.
    Thanks Eamonnator..Was a great effort by every member of the club and fair play to the riders in ''changeable conditions'' and good to see your good self at the head of affairs as you passed by me anyway.Was important to put on a reasonable show to banish the bad press coming out of last year,and to establish it as an annual event,which hopefully will now be easier to attract riders to going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭wav1

moonshadow wrote: »
    Thanks from Drogheda Wheelers for the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Did this today with my bro. Was pressed for time so did the shorter route and left at ten to nine. We bated around and got back so early that they weren't ready for us at the finish! No harm done as we were not going to be hanging around anyway but the surprised faces at the finish were funny to see!

The marshals were great help and getting us through the junctions with ease. A typical well run Wav1 event as usual.

32.2 average and my first 100k this year. The cycle was great. Jusy balls out all the way with the wind and then into it and then with it again. The roads were lovely and quiet too. Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I did the 150k route it was excellent today (apart from the wind!) It was so well organised. No queues for registration, food etc. Food was great too. The marshals, guards and all other volunteers were unbelievable. Definitely going to do this next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

Rolling hills, beautiful food and plenty of it , magnificently we'll run event , I will definitely be back next year "bravo all envolved " ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

super event, well done!
    very well organised, food was great, lots of people at junctions indicating the direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Good event, the weather was really challenging. Marshalling was first rate and very good. Organisation was great, the stop at 97km was really good, the ladies dishing out the sambo's were very nice and appreciated as I was a bit broken at that stage.
    I would say see you next year but I need to check the long range weather forecast first.

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Felt like a child at the end with herself getting the napkin to me to clean the curry from my beard and jersey as I shovelled it into me :o

Great day out, but very testing for me and especially her tiny self in the wind. We got into a routine in of saying "yay" or "boo" depending on the wind direction :D

I decided it was the right thing to do to cycle the 5km home and she took the car and of course it rained didn't it.

Well done to all involved from the volunteers yesterday at sign on to those involved out on the road today. Will definitely sign up next year if being run by Drogheda Wheelers.

Special shout out to the man with the cat like reflexes who caught my rain coat when it got away from me !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

A superlatively well run event from start to finish. Fair play and thanks to all the organisers, marshals and gardai. Lovely route as well. Weather made it challenging in some places but I'll be back next year without question.

Advertisement