Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting Marriage Fraud Anonymously

Options
  • 21-06-2017 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Does anyone know of a way to report marriage fraud anonymously? Is there any chance it could still lead back to you if I did report it? I know a horrible woman who blatantly married someone to get a green card, last year, and I want to report it.

Also, what evidence would you need to need to go about it? Any help on this mather would be great.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

It's not an easy process from what i can gather.

You have to write to the HSE in the region the marriage happened.

Does anyone know of a way to report marriage fraud anonymously? Is there any chance it could still lead back to you if I did report it? I know a horrible woman who blatantly married someone to get a green card, last year, and I want to report it.

Also, what evidence would you need to need to go about it? Any help on this mather would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JohnFan8595

ok, and do you need to provide a sufficient amount of evidence? Do I need to tell them who she married? The reason I know it was fraud is because she texted me that day to attend a civil marriage, she wouldn't give me anymore details until I called her about it and she told me she was getting married that day, I asked her if it was for a green card and she reluctantly said yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

because she told me so. I asked her is she doing for citizenship. Do we not have green cards in Ireland?

• Advertisement

no, I know for deffinite she got married for citizenship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

....... wrote: »

Do we call it a greencard? No, but if you marry someone in Ireland, can they reside in Ireland afterwards? Yes.

Are people marrying to reside in Ireland or the EU? Absolutely

http://www.thejournal.ie/sham-marriages-3020346-Oct2016/

its a shame they can get residency so easily. Is it hard to tackle with out sufficient evidence? I want to report it but I want to make the most of the situation by giving as much evidence as possible. Im not sure she will get caught out for it, but I want to at least try.

• Advertisement

She didn't phone me to tell me what she was doing it, she was calling me to ask if I could witness a wedding on that day. She was very vague about who's getting married to who in the text. I had to ask her on the phone, if it was her and if she was doing it for citizenship. These are the things you need to know if someone just asks you to witness a wedding.

Are they still together or living separate lives?

I don't why you are being so aggressive! You haven't even properly read OPs opening comment, where they mention the marriage was last year.

Now are you coming out with this comment(which is a bit off the wall), telling OP sham marriages don't exist etc etc.

I am wondering where OP said they were going call the person on the wedding day and "TELL them its a sham wedding"? Especially since OP said the marriage happened last year...

im planning to unless there is better way to go about this. Like I said I want to do this anonymously.

she called me to ask if I could witness her wedding, I asked her then was it for citizenship and she reluctantly answered.

Really? Are you sure about that? Where can I find more information about this?

• Advertisement

she called me to ask if I could witness her wedding, I asked her then was it for citizenship and she reluctantly answered.

I would call the Garda immigration bureau to discuss your concerns. I imagine like reporting all crimes it is anonymous. AFAIK the marriage can still be undone, but it is difficult more difficult than before the marriage occurs.

Certain information on this thread is very American-centric...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The Garda won't want anything to do with it.

The HSE will tell you to write into the head of the section.

It's not an easy process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Really? Are you sure about that? Where can I find more information about this?

http://hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/bdm/marriagesinireland/

You have to give at least 3 months notice to the HSE and provide names and dates of birth for witnesses.

I would call the Garda immigration bureau to discuss your concerns. I imagine like reporting all crimes it is anonymous. AFAIK the marriage can still be undone, but it is difficult more difficult than before the marriage occurs.

Certain information on this thread is very American-centric...
    Then that explains why she did it at random on the day.

Confused too. You have to give three months notice of intent to marry and give the names of your witnesses 3 months in advance too so how did she ask you to be a witness ON THE DAY?

Why did she ask you if you don't even like her?

You seem to be implying that she is entitled to citizenship because she married him but that isn't the case. It takes years to become an Irish citizen through a process of naturalisation. She doesn't even need to be married to go through this process although granted it is easier to comply with the residency end of things if you are. But you are no longer entitled to citizenship just because you've married an Irish person .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Did you act as witness on the day ?

Confused too. You have to give three months notice of intent to marry and give the names of your witnesses 3 months in advance too so how did she ask you to be a witness ON THE DAY?

Why did she ask you if you don't even like her?

You seem to be implying that she is entitled to citizenship because she married him but that isn't the case. It takes years to become an Irish citizen through a process of naturalisation. She doesn't even need to be married to go through this process although granted it is easier to comply with the residency end of things if you are. But you are no longer entitled to citizenship just because you've married an Irish person .

She doesn't know I don't like her, she just assumed I'm stupid enough to do so. She's a manipulative awfull person.. but thats another story. Do you think she may have got an 'an under the table agreement' in order to get married and get a witness on the day? If so then maybe her marriage is illegal.

Believe it or not all this information is very helpful. I appreciate it.

She doesn't know I don't like her, she just assumed I'm stupid enough to do so. She's a manipulative awfull person.. but thats another story. Do you think she may have got an 'an under the table agreement' in order to get married and get a witness on the day? If so then maybe her marriage is illegal.

Believe it or not all this information is very helpful. I appreciate it.

I have never heard of that happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I think OP that you're being spiteful here because this woman has pissed you off in some way. If you're not being spiteful then go to the GNIB and have the courage of your convictions.

If I'm honest you should have called them on the day that she told you she was doing it for citizenship. Why only now?

• Advertisement

just confused on why she asked me on the day to witness a wedding if she wasnt able to. Only thing I can think of is she did this illegally.

Advertisement