Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inner Elbow Pain

Options
  • 21-06-2017 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I did my first fitness class in a while two days ago (a TRX class). Yesterday I had moderate soreness (which was to be expected, and felt kind of good). Since yesterday evening, I've had a much more sore pain from my Inner Elbow when I try to fully extend my arm. Right now, i can't straighten my left arm at all and the right one is very sore to stretch. Some Googling has lead me to think this might be Golfers elbow, given the kinds of griping involved in the trx class so I've a few questions.

How seriously should I be taking this, is it a case of just rest and see?
    Should a TRX class cause /this/ much pain or is this to be expected given my noob status.
    Any anecdotal advice on powering through the pain?

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What body part exactly hurts? The joint? The muscle? The tendons? Does poking it hurt or just working the joint?

If it's the muscle you probably just did too much at once and you're in DOMS hell. Is it only on one side? Usual disclaimers, though: if you're any way concerned go see a doctor or physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sounds like tennis elbow, avoid straightening your arm, rest it and get an elbow strap

• Registered Users Posts: 39,204 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ted1 wrote: »
    Sounds like tennis elbow,
    Actually sounds nothing like tennis elbow.
    Tennis elbow is affects the other side.
    And even if the side was correct, it's a slight leap to diagnose a specific issue from a single post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Closing this before it gets into giving medical advice.

EaSwe, you need to see a qualified physio or GP. Boards cannot be used to give out medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement