Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits of smoothie

Options
  • 19-06-2017 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

I have been having this smoothyfor breakfast for the past four months, can someone please tell me if there are health benefits to it and would it contribute to weight loss as I run 5k twice a week and play 5-a side once. I'm floating around 180lbs and stand 5' 8''

Three handfuls of spinach
    Banana
    2 heaped tea spoons of 100% chunkybutter
    Teaspoon chia seeds
    Teaspoon honey
    200ml almond milk
    1 spoon of protein supplement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It's just food, what are you expecting? Putting it into a smoothie doesn't turn it into a health elixir. You'll lose weight if you're eating fewer calories than you need.

What on earth is ranitidine butter? Antacid butter...?

It's an alright breakfast, doesn't look to have any protein though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Weight loss. If that is your concern then it is much better to eat a solid meal rather than drink the equivalent in calories in a drink that you can down in a few seconds. The calorific content of your drink concoction will have the same effect on your weight as if you ate a solid meal with the same calorific content.

One could take a solid chicken diner, with mash and veg, put it into the blender and turn it into a smoothie. Would if be better for you if you did that? No, in terms of calories it would be exactly the same. Worse arguably because you would probably eat more overall as drinking your calories does not give you the same satiating effect as eating whole solid foods does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It doesn't seem like much of a smoothie to me,why not add more fruit or veg

Advertisement