Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying USA

Options
  • 17-06-2017 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering about Studying Abroad (outside Europe)
    I am currently on a long term social welfare payment.
    I was offered scholarships in the US on an F1 visa which means I'm not allowed work there for a year at least.
    I cannot take the scholarship it seems because I called citizens information, the woman there said I am entitled to BTEA, had a read myself and I am not so, I called the relevant department in social protection and she said that I'm not entitled to my long term payment while abroad (obviously) nor am I entitled to BTEA however, there is some sort of funding there to avail of and to call to the local offices to find out. I went to the local offices and they are saying I'm not entitled to anything.
    I feel like I'm running in circles.

Advertisement