Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions v Maori All Blacks

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Teo and entire front row have guaranteed their selection today. Still not sure about the back row. Maori won all their lineouts which might count against O' Mahony. Warburton is definitely a better poacher than O' Brien so could see it being a choice between O' Brien and O' Mahony for 6 jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Very solid second half performance from the Lions pack.

I said POM was quiet in the first half but he had a very strong second half. I'd have today's back row starting next week.

The backs look very limited. Teo and Davies are good strike runners but don't bring others into the game well at all. Honestly don't know who I'd pick there next week. Henshaw and Joseph did little so far to stake a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I thought the Maori All Blacks absolutely dreadful.Disappointing as I was hoping for a really enjoyable match.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I thought the Maori All Blacks absolutely dreadful.Disappointing as I was hoping for a really enjoyable match.

They were really hurt up front. Not much discussion of it but the Lions absolutely savaged the quality of their ruck ball. Multiple players were getting in around the ball and slowing it as well as a number of attempts to choke tackle which slowed things down further.

The Maori back line got terrible ball from their pack as a result throughout. I do think they really lost their stomach for the fight in the second half though when the Lions turned up the heat though. Wasn't a spirited display from them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

MaybeMaybe wrote: »

The best part is James Lowe politely explaining to him why he was penalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Clegg wrote: »
    Laidlaw is really, really rubbish.

There was a chasm between Laidlaw and Murray yesterday. It sometimes takes something as obvious as that to make you realise just how good a player is.

There is even a fairly big gap between Murray and Webb as well. However at least Webb offers a threat to the opposition. I don't know what Laidlaw does. I've said it a few times but I think Richard Wigglesworth is very unlucky not to be on tour.

Advertisement