Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gps apps

• 16-06-2017 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Anyone use gps apps for fert or spraying.
    I loaded field navigator here and drove around field in the van it seams reasonably accurate but says +-6 m so thats not great. Would a externsl gps antenna help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

I use AgriBus-NAVI for spreading fertiliser. Fairly simple to use and is accurate enough for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

rliston wrote: »
    I use AgriBus-NAVI for spreading fertiliser. Fairly simple to use and is accurate enough for my needs.

If I put the tablet outside it says +- 4m

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

rliston wrote: »

Is that a app for phone or a sat nav machine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭cacs

I downloaded farmer sprayer gps app last week on iPhone used spreading fertiliser found it fairly good to be honest. I was put out a few things on the same ground and it showed anytime I had doubled up. It was worth the money

I downloaded farmer sprayer gps app last week on iPhone used spreading fertiliser found it fairly good to be honest. I was put out a few things on the same ground and it showed anytime I had doubled up. It was worth the money

How accurate is it in meters?
    The field navigator app is free

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

satstheway wrote: »

An app will only be as accurate as the GPS on your device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

That the one that costs 11euro?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    An app will only be as accurate as the GPS on your device.

But will an proper external antenna bring it to within .5m

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭cacs

satstheway wrote: »
    I think it said one metre

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Free app for android phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I download the 'Field navigator' app today from Google Play Store. I tried it in a small field here by walking around it and it seems to be very accurate, less than 1 meter by the looks of it. Has anyone used it for spreading fertiliser.

Seems easy to use. Just walk or drive around the field edge and then save area on the app. Set spread width then and drive away.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭emaherx

Been playing around with AgOpenGPS https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS

Its an opensource project for Windows laptops, I'm going to try it out next season with an old Windows x86 Tablet PC that I have.

Can be as accurate as you are willing to spend on GPS unit, works with RTK too.

Section control and full Autosteer options too!

(Auto steer comes with disclaimer about experimental purposes only, guess they don't want to be sued if your tractor suddenly does a 90 degree turn due to GPS corrections 😁)

Advertisement