Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

C02 pistol

• 15-06-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭ pm.

Hi lads

What is the most powerful co2 pistol you can buy in Ireland? I'm only looking for target practice so I would imagine lead or steel pellets would be a better option

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭ K.Flyer

pm. wrote: »
    Hi lads

What is the most powerful co2 pistol you can buy in Ireland? I'm only looking for target practice so I would imagine lead or steel pellets would be a better option

Thanks in advance

Airsoft pistols are restricted to 1 joule of muzzle energy using a plastic .20 bb.
    Anything above that is considered a firearm and requires a licence, all of which is not for this forum, especially steel or lead pellets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭ pm.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Airsoft pistols are restricted to 1 joule of muzzle energy using a plastic .20 bb.
    Anything above that is considered a firearm and requires a licence, all of which is not for this forum, especially steel or lead pellets.

Didn't realize that thanks for the information. I assumed that once it was below 1 joule you could also fire steel or lead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 13,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭ thermo

pm. wrote: »
    I assumed that once it was below 1 joule you could also fire steel or lead
    You could try but you would be lucky to get 2 foot from a steel bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭ pm.

thermo wrote: »
    You could try but you would be lucky to get 2 foot from a steel bb.

Thanks for the information.... I shall stick to my rifles

Advertisement