Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I just ruined my plans by 1 hour?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

40-49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

lawred2 wrote:
    What is an O6?

LC graded differently this year, higher level graded from H1 to H7, H1 being equivalent to higher level A1, O6 is ordinary level equivalent to possibly D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 squarecircle1

This is hilarious, congratulations, glad it all worked out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Well done!! Delighted for you! Lovely story to tell your kids/neices/nephews etc when they are stressing about exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Well done pet! I was so sorry for you that no one was around to wake u or to ring to check u were up but sometimes things can't be helped...You should be proud of yourself that you did so well considering you only sat half an exam!! Best of luck in your future and thanks for letting everyone know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I was chatting with a mate about this the other day how we're forced into third level way too quickly before we're reading to make life decisions. I say this as a 24 year old who's only been working since the start of the year.

If it were me? I'd see the silver lining. Other posters are right, you would only need to repeat Maths next year and it sounds like you wouldn't exactly need to study to pass it. You should go to Australia for a year or maybe Canada and just have a bit of fun, put some miles on your soul. It might change your views on what you want to study. And then come back in April, cram for a few weeks to get up to speed and pass your exam in June. Sorted.

In August 2018 you should have some savings and a much broader outlook on the world which can potentially change the direction you think you're on now. Maybe you find out that software is for the birds and want to become an engineer instead, or a nurse. Who knows?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Um .... Troyzer ...
    Well I know its been 2 months since i originally posted this thread, but for those of you that like a bit of closure on the subject, I'm happy to report that I opened my results this morning to an O6 in Mathematics. I'd like to thank you all for your advice and help with the matter. Pray to god i don't make another colossal screw-up like i did in June, later on in life. Cheers again :)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Li
    Um .... Troyzer ...
    Well I know its been 2 months since i originally posted this thread, but for those of you that like a bit of closure on the subject, I'm happy to report that I opened my results this morning to an O6 in Mathematics. I'd like to thank you all for your advice and help with the matter. Pray to god i don't make another colossal screw-up like i did in June, later on in life. Cheers again :)

;)
    Literally just noticed there. For some reason most of the rest of the comments hadn't loaded. This tab was sitting open on my work computer for a while and I couldn't remember why. Just re-read the OP and posted my ludicrously outdated response.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

troyzer wrote: »
    Li

Literally just noticed there. For some reason most of the rest of the comments hadn't loaded. This tab was sitting open on my work computer for a while and I couldn't remember why. Just re-read the OP and posted my ludicrously outdated response.

It might not be relevant for the OP, but you can be sure he/she won't be the last person this happens to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Got same as me and I didn't sleep in

• Advertisement
Advertisement