Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Exodus (PC, PS, XB)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yes Redux is the first two games.

I only have the redux versions. I presume they're graphically tuned up, the first one is pretty old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

gimli2112 wrote: »

I only have the redux versions. I presume they're graphically tuned up, the first one is pretty old at this stage.
    Cheers! I figured as much but just I’d check in case there was anything left out from the originals. Available for €15 on Amazon so will pick that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Redo91 wrote: »
    Cheers! I figured as much but just I’d check in case there was anything left out from the originals. Available for €15 on Amazon so will pick that up.

On sale in PSN store for €8 at the moment, although I think that sale finishes today/tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finished this today.

Really enjoyable game but my god the amount of bugs on the PC version is unreal. How the game got through testing is mind boggling but I still found it an enjoyable game.

One of my favourite bugs is i'm fighting with Damir and all of a sudden the mutants come out and he's firing at them and they all die but nope Damir continues walking on firing and firing and firing. while this is going on I had to crawl through a tight spot and all of a sudden the game crashes.

The Anna relationship I found really heart felt story
    and I was quite sad at the end

I'm on the one x

I've not finished yet but I'd say I'm close to the end.

It's a brilliant game, but yeah some occasional bugs. The game has randomly crashed about 3 times. Other than that the console version has been spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I'm torn whether or not I should get this on PC. I built a new PC a few months back and I was really looking forward to playing this on it but the whole epic store exclusivity has really put me off. Not sure if I should hold off for another while in hope it'll come out on steam or just get the ps4 version to tide me over

Started this last night and I'm into to the open area of the game. Just not sitting right with me at the minute, and not sure what it is. Enemies feel more spongey than I remember from the previous games (playing on normal) and I'm crying out for a mouse to aim.

You can now lure/distract with thrown items which I like but the enemies don't seem to react as I'd expect on a few occasions I used it.

Also it looks nice but not as nice I was expecting on the X on a 4k display.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ValdasANS

cant wait to have a go it looks great

Nope not liking much over all. I think maybe if I rigidly stuck to the story and did nothing it else it might be better, not that there is much side stuff just that it's pointless other than to affect the games ending and getting collectibles.

Was far better experience as a linear game. The linear sections in this have been decent in places.

The gun play is terrible as I mentioned and it's not just my ****ty aiming, the controls are getting patched this week to address the issues. The lighting during the day on the Caspian level when driving is way too harsh and god forbid you turn on HDR you can't see a thing at times. The driving itself there is crazy in that you can easily get stuck with no way to unstick the car. Stealth doesn't seem as good as Redux games either, throwing cans as a distraction is hit or miss due to some wonky AI.

I know Artyom is silent in these games but there are times in this where it really feels like he should be saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone, Dublin based, fancy swapping this (XB or PS) for Devil May Cry 5 (PS4) in a day or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gimli2112 wrote: »

The first game got a big revamp in the Redux package. The second just got graphics upgrades.

The first game got the levels structured together better as they were very stand alone into each area and disjointed. They also added Ranger mode from Last Light that makes the first game a bit easier and lets you play it more action based than the stealth option you were always forced into in the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I went with the Ranger mode, the default setting didn't sound appealing. I got stuck twice in Last Light. Once battling werewolves waiting on a boat (which subsequently turned out easy enough) and another in a cave, again with the Werewolves but there was a bigger one too, if I remember right. Haven't reached either scenario yet but have put it aside for now.

I want this game to end now. Not even bothering doing the side missions. It's just far too boring and the guns feel weak and rubbish.
    Roll on Sekiro next week.

Finished it this evening, the last few levels are better in that they are more linear . The final area though seemed like a poor copy paste from previous games and it dragged on and on and on. They even managed a f'n boat section ffs like.

It's been a few years since I played the redux games but I don't recall having issue with stealth and combat in those and those were serious issues in this, they plain didn't work in some situations and I'm not looking forward to doing it on Ranger if I even bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Only came across this game recently, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.....the dialogue is quite chunky though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Should I buy this? its only 20 quid but im on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Should I buy this? its only 20 quid but im on the fence.

Yes, its a great story based fps game, best ive played in aaaages tbh..

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Has a good flow to it, progresses nicely without any lulls. It's not a "cinematic" but has a decent story line to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I agree, even if you don't like it as much as I did for €20 I'm sure you will get your moneys worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's worth the 20 quid tbh

• Advertisement

I like it so far. The load times are a bit much but its a fun experience so far and i feel like im just dipping my toes.

Yeah id say the load times are hefty on console, but the levels you load into are quite large, so expect some performance bumps, but dont let them get to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Us this a big step up from the previous Metro games?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Us this a big step up from the previous Metro games?

Ive only dabbled in the first one, it was too dated for me to get through it, so i just watched some youtube vids to catch up on the story.

The first level felt like the first game but once you progress, the world opens up and it felt a lot like Fallout when i was exploring, not as big in scale but yeah the game is mostly set in an open world of sorts..

But again, nowhere near as overwhelming or time consuming as Fallout.

I have to say i'm loving this game right now. Being playing all day collecting upgrades around the first open area. Its a lot to handle though all slogging back and forth is a pain but I cant wait to get back into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got this for 20 quid a while back, must say it's not bad, on Ch 6 , is the doc any good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished this last night, not a bad game overall, got the bad ending.

got the bad ending.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that anybody going into the game blind, will get the bad ending, its too easy to feck the good ending up.

nix wrote: »
    I'd bet my bottom dollar that anybody going into the game blind, will get the bad ending, its too easy to feck the good ending up.

Yup for example, I never killed any of the slavers in ch6 and you're man Damir never stay with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

nix wrote: »

I got what is considered the good ending. Yup, blind, I didn't read any of the guides until the end and realised I did mess up a couple of events from the perspective of aiming for sainthood but then that's not how I wanted to play the game so I don't really care. There's too much emphasis on what is and isn't considered "The Good Ending" in so many similar games. There's simply the ending you get relative to how you played (if the Devs did a decent job). Consensus on whether it was good/best/whatever is irrelevant imho.

Advertisement