Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Got Talent!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Interesting they never advertised auditions for next year? There may not be a next year this time, wouldn't be surprised if the canceled it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    They need to put all the dance groups in the same semi final and knock each other out

They need to do something, either county share or something coz this is BS them winning it. Then again didn't think any of them were winner quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Brian017

They need to put all the dance groups in the same semi final and knock each other out

Wouldn't really matter. The two dance acts that got through would come 1st and 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Limit dance troupes to 12 members. If your good enough you can make it with 12. Whole parishes turning up on stage is stupid. Biggest wins regardless of talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭paulpd

Would it be that difficult to weight the votes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Omg. This after show is bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

it is all " AMAZING"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

griffin100 wrote: »
    Ireland’s Got Talent??

You forgot to add 'No' between Got Talent. Probably the worst final of a talent competition I have ever seen and the winners topped it off altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,085 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Or change the rules to 50-50 jury / public voting (like Eurovision)

That was a complete disaster tonight. Nobody wants to watch the final of a talent show where you already know the top 3 and the winner (and it leaves a sour taste to know no soloist can beat them).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Very disappointed that Tara, Ivetta and Liv didn’t get through - all very talented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Omg. This after show is bloody awful.

I'll skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »
    Or change the rules to 50-50 jury / public voting (like Eurovision)

That was a complete disaster tonight. Nobody wants to watch the final of a talent show where you already know the top 3 and the winner (and it leaves a sour taste to know no soloist can beat them).

I don't know would I agree with the judges getting much of a say it with end up being somebody who's a gay icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Lucy is a bit annoying, but she isn't a patch on James.. How does he get the work?

I don't know would I agree with the judges getting much of a say it with end up being somebody who's a gay icon.

Recent AGT champion of champions had people picked from all the states to do the voting.
    So they could have a public vote and that system

Then again with no word of any more auditions maybe its finished

pjohnson wrote: »
    Limit dance troupes to 12 members. If your good enough you can make it with 12. Whole parishes turning up on stage is stupid. Biggest wins regardless of talent.

Indeed, Diversity only had 10 members when they won BGT

How many was in that winning act tonight.....25 or 30 dancers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

CH3OH wrote: »
    Lucy is a bit annoying, but she isn't a patch on James.. How does he get the work?
    Hes atrocious.

leahyl wrote: »
    Very disappointed that Tara, Ivetta and Liv didn’t get through - all very talented.

Yes, they were fantastic.....same with Affia on the piano last year

They couldn't even get near the top 3 in their semi finals because of the crazy voting

Hes atrocious.

Not a patch on Stephen Mulhern - should scrap the afters show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

James is such a Rylan wannabe! Painful

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jessiblah

Strazdas wrote: »
    Indeed, Diversity only had 10 members when they won BGT

How many was in that winning act tonight.....25 or 30 dancers?

Read only somewhere it's 39 but I did a quick count and got 37, so close to 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

leahyl wrote: »
    You’re a Star?! That was about 16/17 years ago so I doubt it! She’s pretty young

Just looked her up, she’s actually from Cork and is London based. She’s not bad; kind of strange that Lucy didn’t speak to her after the performance.

I think Lyra is Laura Brophy who was on Your A Star

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Lyra is Laura Brophy who was on Your A Star

I looked up Lyra there because I remember Laura Brophy. I think it was 2004.
    It says Lyra was 27 and Laura would be over 30 now.(I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Lucy needs to sack the stylist. Her hair is awful, looks like an oil slick on the top of her head. Can't listen to what she's saying cos I'm so distracted by it!

I was more distracted by the poor tan job. Can't warm at all to her as a presenter, very shorty like KT.

I looked up Lyra there because I remember Laura Brophy. I think it was 2004.
    It says Lyra was 27 and Laura would be over 30 now.(I think).

A mate of mine said she was and that her and her sister were both on Your A Star :o mate must be wrong

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A mate of mine said she was and that her and her sister were both on Your A Star :o mate must be wrong

As I said I could be wrong.
    Laura did have another older sister so they could all be into signing.

Laura came to visit us when I school. I was gutted it wasn't Jean Elliot!

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not a patch on Stephen Mulhern - should scrap the afters show.

Stephen is miles better than James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

After last years final, we swore we wouldn't watch it this year, but changed our minds. Our reasoning was that because last year was dominated by 'dance' groups they would change it this year to give some real talent a chance. How wrong we were.

I can't see this having another season, but one thing's for sure, if they do, we won't be watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

pjohnson wrote: »

The only way this show is redeemable is if only the judges get to decide. The Voice largely works like that.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Horrible Bosses 2 on RTE2, if only I had checked...

Jennifer Aniston is great in the Horrible Bosses films

• Advertisement

Twitter and Facebook blowing up with peeps saying fix and they should never have won, gotta agree, weak dance group

Advertisement