Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable parallettes

Options
  • 11-06-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could buy a pair of parallettes that can be quickly packed into a gym bag and then reassembled again easily?

I mainly want them for full-range handstand push-ups. The little push up bars are too small for this.

Sometimes I train at home, sometimes in the gym and sometimes in the park. The big steel Parallettes would be too awkward to bring with me.

I know you can make a pair yourself using PVC pipe. Does anyone know if it's handy enough to disassemble and reassemble this type?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

If you want to do full HSPUs then Parallettes that you can take apart would probably not be the best as you want to be 100% sure they will stay together. TD gym gear makes some really nice ones as well as a small portable set but none that would disassemble too easily and the PVC ones are usually glued together once made. The last thing you want is to be in the bottom of a HSPU and them to fall apart on you.

Do you have a freestanding HeSPU? If not then you can work toward that as it will have more carryover to later skills.

My advice would train them on solid pantalettes when you can If your in the gym you can use dip bars or put weight plates on a plyo box and use the edge of it. If you want something to use outdoors grab come rings if you can't balance you can hook your legs in the straps and do your HSPUs on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The last thing you want is to be in the bottom of a HSPU and them to fall apart on you.

That said, with the £250 the OP would get from You've Been Framed, they could get a serious set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

CM24 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could buy a pair of parallettes that can be quickly packed into a gym bag and then reassembled again easily?

I mainly want them for full-range handstand push-ups. The little push up bars are too small for this.

Sometimes I train at home, sometimes in the gym and sometimes in the park. The big steel Parallettes would be too awkward to bring with me.

I know you can make a pair yourself using PVC pipe. Does anyone know if it's handy enough to disassemble and reassemble this type?
    Have you already got normal handstand push ups? If so id just use bumper plates in the gym or do a handstand variation e.g. wall facing handstand push up, shoulder taps, rear elevated hip support touches, plate step ups etc

Overall a free standing hold with a nice line is IMO more impressive and transfers well on to many other movements and that doesnt require use of parallettes

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

This is the way I have been doing them, on boxes or bumper plates in the gym or whatever.

The small parallettes from TD Gym Equipment look ideal. However, I have tried HSPU's on the small push up handles and I never felt very stable, and I'd worry the small parallettes would be the same.

I wish I could try them somehow before I buy them. I'll probably just try find some buckets or something to do them on at home for now.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Advertisement